Russian invasion of Ukraine

Good job Bluemoon isn’t in charge of NATO. Some on here wanted instant world war on here last night - no questions asked. People were even shouted down for suggesting this might not be a direct attack!
It’s a good job bluemoon isn’t in charge of anything to be honest

Polish PM saying it’s very likely to be a Ukrainian mission.

Russia still the aggressors and trying to find a bit of Russian missile in a haystack doesn’t add much.

Maybe Ukrainian sources could have been upfront earlier on, that’s if they knew.
Ukraine have had done remarkably well from the outset in my opinion in relation to the veracity of the commentary that has been officially released especially when put into the context of the way the russians have lied around the clock every day on every issue well before they invaded Ukraine. If anything, their biggest mistake was downplaying U.S. Intel on the imminent invasion that was sounded out last November.

Obviously in their interest for this to have been a direct hit from russia in order to secure more funding/arms and further international public support and can see why Ukraine may have chanced their arm on the narrative here. Even if it was deliberate it's someway off a Churchill/Pearl Harbour moment.

The idea that article 5 would have been triggered on that event alone is for the birds.

Your medal for stating the obvious is in the post mate. We don’t know whether they knew or not. I doubt for Ukraine’s intelligence chief was in a farm in Poland btw

Anyway, this wouldn’t happen if Russia stopped firing the rockets.
I wasn't having a go, just saying they were a bit busy, and stating what was being said.

Totally agree with your last line, and perhaps not risk targets so close to the border, mind you they managed to kill 4 people in one of their own Cities.

Ekaterina Gubareva,deputy Governor of the occupied part of Kherson Region,has vanished.
She's the wife of some big cheese separatist from Donbas.
Said he's not seen or heard from her since 4:30pm yesterday.

Slava Ukraini.

Good job Bluemoon isn’t in charge of NATO. Some on here wanted instant world war on here last night - no questions asked.

I find posts like those you mention are invariably from people who have never been near a combat zone and would most likely run a fucking mile if they were called upon to defend their own country in a conflict.

Ukraine have had done remarkably well from the outset in my opinion in relation to the veracity of the commentary that has been officially released especially when put into the context of the way the russians have lied around the clock every day on every issue well before they invaded Ukraine. If anything, their biggest mistake was downplaying U.S. Intel on the imminent invasion that was sounded out last November.

Obviously in their interest for this to have been a direct hit from russia in order to secure more funding/arms and further international public support and can see why Ukraine may have chanced their arm on the narrative here. Even if it was deliberate it's someway off a Churchill/Pearl Harbour moment.

The idea that article 5 would have been triggered on that event alone is for the birds.
Yes I think the Ukrainians have been reliable in reporting incidents, as far as I know. This incident has probably been confused in the fog of war.

The Ukrainians may have assumed outcomes in certain situations that didn’t turn out to be the case eg all the defenders of Azovstak weren’t killerd, maybe because the Ukrainians had important hostages to exchange. The “fuck you” island defenders didn’t all die instantly and some were taken as prisoners , reportedly.

Comms aren’t going to be 100% reliable. I don’t know what the NATO response could have been to this latest incident. We’ve been down very slippery roads (eg with WMDs) before

Last edited:
Yes I think the Ukrainians have been reliable in reporting incidents, as far as I know. This incident has probably been confused in the fog of war.

The Ukrainians may have assumed outcomes in certain situations that didn’t turn out to be the case eg all the defenders of Azovstak weren’t killers, maybe because the Ukrainians had important hostages to exchange. The “fuck you” island defenders didn’t all die instantly and some were taken as prisoners , reportedly.

Comms are t going to be 100% reliable. I don’t know what the NATO response could have been to this latest incident. We’ve been down very slippery roads (eg with WMDs) before
IMO even if it was determined as a deliberate strike on Poland to knock out supporting infrastructure for the supply of electricity/military supplies to Ukraine, I suspect the response would be fairly measured in significant increases of equipment and the capabilities of those arms.

On the issue of veracity - here is a window into the mental gymnastics on steroids that the kremlin go through - even Trump is probably blushing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.