Russian invasion of Ukraine

IMO even if it was determined as a deliberate strike on Poland to knock out supporting infrastructure for the supply of electricity/military supplies to Ukraine, I suspect the response would be fairly measured in significant increases of equipment and the capabilities of those arms.

On the issue of veracity - here is a window into the mental gymnastics on steroids that the kremlin go through - even Trump is probably blushing.

I know atrocities against Ukrainian soldiers aren’t event getting reported. I get to see some messages sent from the troops because my mate takes out medical equipment to them.

It seems this guy is officially not to be trusted.

I know it’s his job, but you can’t be demanding F16s immediately and saying anyone considering it could be Ukrainian is amplifying propaganda.

For the people who believe that Ukraine doesn't engage in deliberate misinformation and propaganda, I have a bridge for sale you may be interested in.

They're for sure much more reliable than Russia, but that's a very low bar indeed!

Of course they'll want to pin blame for this on the Russians (and it is, ultimately Russia's fault, regardless of details), and of course they want to get more support from Nato countries.

Getting a narrative in ahead of the facts is exactly what you'd expect them to be doing.

Good job Bluemoon isn’t in charge of NATO. Some on here wanted instant world war on here last night - no questions asked. People were even shouted down for suggesting this might not be a direct attack!
Diplomats R Us

I find posts like those you mention are invariably from people who have never been near a combat zone and would most likely run a fucking mile if they were called upon to defend their own country in a conflict.

To be fair most of us who thought it wasn’t likely to be a deliberate attack have also never been near a combat zone.

For the people who believe that Ukraine doesn't engage in deliberate misinformation and propaganda, I have a bridge for sale you may be interested in.

They're for sure much more reliable than Russia, but that's a very low bar indeed!

Of course they'll want to pin blame for this on the Russians (and it is, ultimately Russia's fault, regardless of details), and of course they want to get more support from Nato countries.

Getting a narrative in ahead of the facts is exactly what you'd expect them to be doing.
Completely agree but at least in the west we generally own up to mistakes after a thorough investigation has concluded they were made, something the Russians have never done. The Ukrainians must learn to own the bad stuff when it happens. It's part of being a more transparent society that I would assume they wish to be.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.