Russian invasion of Ukraine

See the nonce is using the nuke threat yet again, yawn. How many times is it now? But he adds a little caveat, it won't be him that uses them first. Oh so they won't get used then.
I think they last tested a nuke in 1990,fuck knows when they were last serviced.
No way China will let him fire one.

Slava Ukraini.

I think they last tested a nuke in 1990,fuck knows when they were last serviced.
No way China will let him fire one.

Slava Ukraini.
I watched something the other day on the difficulties in maintaining nuclear weapons. In short the material degrades quickly and producing it and building it into a viable weapon is incredibly technical and expensive. Given what we have seen to date of Russian military hardware I think there is a very strong chance they don't have significant numbers of viable war heads. Maybe none. They possibly have far more dirty bombs, improvised nuclear weapons that are more likely conventional explosives with radio active material or waste in the mix.

I watched something the other day on the difficulties in maintaining nuclear weapons. In short the material degrades quickly and producing it and building it into a viable weapon is incredibly technical and expensive. Given what we have seen to date of Russian military hardware I think there is a very strong chance they don't have significant numbers of viable war heads. Maybe none. They possibly have far more dirty bombs, improvised nuclear weapons that are more likely conventional explosives with radio active material or waste in the mix.
Not sure that is correct

Not sure that is correct
The core stuff is plutonium which has a long half life. But they also use tritium or others as catalysts and they have a 12 year half life. So after 12 years only half the material is left and it might be a dud, depends on what they have tested and how much catalyst you need. It's all closely guarded secrets, but what I saw suggests the US is suspected of keeping stuff less than 10 years. And that if Russia has significant stockpiles of older stuff it might not go off. Seems plausible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.