Russian invasion of Ukraine

The northern borders are fully protected by battle hardened National Guard troops on rotation and soilders returning from training abroad. Only a large deployment of Russian soilders would be a worry- these haven't been made.
Yes,they are protected.
I dont know how many Russian troops are in Belarus,but they are deffo there,apparently on training exercises.
Russia is mobilizing women in Donetsk,yet can afford to have regular troops "training".
Its just strange to me.

Slava Ukraini.

Nowhere near.
Even the Chilcot report, which was highly critical of Blair’s actions in the run up to the Iraq war, did not find that he lied.
I do not mean to be political when I critisise PMs because I realize a person cannot become even good at that level without an ability to be deceitful.
Our country relies on alliances with differing cultures despite our attempts to colonize them with beads for gold or even understanding fascist or communist regimes.
Perish the time we have a completely naive non worldwise leader who is unable to portray anything except British Culture.
If this means lying so be it, sometimes to your own people to the benefit of the Countries long term security.

We had a prime minister who was twice (twice!) sacked from previous jobs for lying. He was censored by UK statistics when foreign secretary for misleading. He then won a big majority in a General Election. He was then sacked by his own party as prime minister for lying, and he subsequently ran another campaign to become prime minister, supported by a significant proportion of his own MPs. He remains under investigation by the House of Commons for lying about a different matter.

(These are all simple facts, not opinion)

Now, Putin is a murderous, kleptocratic fascist dictator, so overall utterly different to the UK. But as far as admiring liars goes? I don't think we're in a place we can criticise anyone.
So you are saying culturally the British and Russians are the same on admiring liars?
I said Russians actually think being a good liar is something to admire. You go off track, and compare that to voting to keep someone in power who has lied. There are many reason for voting for somebody etc.
He wasn't voted for "because" he was a good liar.

There is a reason Russia keeps getting banned from sports.
They think cheating to win shows how smart they are. They are not embarrassed when caught. More pissed off they got caught.
Generally the British tend to hate cheats.

Last edited:
Nowhere near.
Even the Chilcot report, which was highly critical of Blair’s actions in the run up to the Iraq war, did not find that he lied.
Don't want to detail the thread but always feel when this line about lying comes out it needs pointing out that he didn't need to lie. The tories supported the war so their was no question he was going to lose the vote in the HOC and public support was around 90% in favour. There was no real debate at the time. It was seen as something that had to be done. Only years later did it start to look different.

Bakhmut,looking a bit shit at the minute.
Sorry.
Slava Ukraini.
The line will give a bit but reinforcements are there when required and the Russians are throwing so many to their deaths here.
Also note that Ukraine has advanced a bit to the North (south of Severodonetsk) and the South (near Donetsk)-
If i was a betting man (which I'm not), a modern battle of Canae is starting to shape up here.

Last edited:
The line will give a bit but reinforcements are there when required and tge Russian are throwing so many to their deaths here.
Also note tgst Ukraine has advanced a bit to the North (south of Severodonetsk)and the South (near Donetsk)-
If i was a betting man (which Im not), a modern battle of Canae is starting to shape up here.
Yeah,still holding,but getting a bit grim,sadly.

Slava Ukraini.

Most don’t tell the whole truth but Johnson simply tells outright whoppers. No one compares to him in mainstream U.K. politics in the lying stakes.
WMD says different. Johnson is a liar but he didn't send anyone to their death nor kidnap and torture people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.