Russian invasion of Ukraine

Very interesting (though long!) review of the war from Estonian paper. How Ukraine has never really been acknowledged and treated as a true country before, and the struggle to be accepted as European. The price paid in blood.

The price is nothing if it means Ukraine's and Ukrainians freedom and security from those fascist cunts.

Last edited:
Very interesting (though long!) review of the war from Estonian paper. How Ukraine has never really been acknowledged and treated as a true country before, and the struggle to be accepted as European. The price paid in blood.

Exceptional article.
I just don't understand the attitude of the political classes in Germany and France. If both had supplied the same level of military support as the UK and US then Russia would now be a lot closer to defeat.

Isn't ekspress a Russian owned communications company.

Not exactly an unbiased source. Oh and the price is nothing if it means Ukraine's and Ukrainians freedom and security from those fascist cunts.

Did you read the article?

It's very pro Ukrainian, and makes the exact same point you do!

„Our soldiers had to die to prove to others that we’re worth supporting,“ says Illia Ponomarenko, Ukraine’s renowned wartime journalist. He regards several of his own friends’ deaths as „sad but inevitable“ – all to foster belief in Ukrainians and the country’s fundamental Europeanness, which not all Western Europeans believed before.

As to Russian funded, I've not come across the publication before, but I did take the precaution of checking their Wiki page before posting a link. That doesn't at all suggest what you imply, indeed, the exact opposite.

Exceptional article.
I just don't understand the attitude of the political classes in Germany and France. If both had supplied the same level of military support as the UK and US then Russia would now be a lot closer to defeat.

At one level they're very rational I think, particularly when, as the article points out, most people, quite wrongly, expected Ukraine to lose very quickly.

The Germans have a very strong tradition post WW2 of not engaging in foreign wars. For very understandable and noble reasons. Overturning that isn't a trivial task.

The French seem intent on keeping diplomatic channels open, which again is laudable given that there will be a need to negotiate eventually.

None of which is meant to imply either have "done the right thing". Neither have we, perhaps, compared to Estonia!

I don't have the knowledge to have a worthwhile opinion on quantities of military aid, its possibilities or practicalities. My sense is that the Germans have done more than they get credit for. I could be wrong.

KOS/ISW Review - Day 298:

At one level they're very rational I think, particularly when, as the article points out, most people, quite wrongly, expected Ukraine to lose very quickly.

The Germans have a very strong tradition post WW2 of not engaging in foreign wars. For very understandable and noble reasons. Overturning that isn't a trivial task.

The French seem intent on keeping diplomatic channels open, which again is laudable given that there will be a need to negotiate eventually.

None of which is meant to imply either have "done the right thing". Neither have we, perhaps, compared to Estonia!

I don't have the knowledge to have a worthwhile opinion on quantities of military aid, its possibilities or practicalities. My sense is that the Germans have done more than they get credit for. I could be wrong.
Germany have done a lot more recently. Probably due to the prospective coup leaders connections to certain Russians.

That was a great read
Thanks for posting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.