Russian invasion of Ukraine

When he says’i can easily imagine…….’ That’s all he seems to do. TV puppet, Russian equivalent of

He must appeal to Russian gammons the same way Farrage has an audience in the UK.
There must be millions of Russians who believe all he says.
There do seem to be parallels. Whenever people wonder how the Russian public believe the Kremlin's nonsensical propaganda it always makes me think of the the way British gammons are so convinced that Britain is so much better and how they use that as the way to decide if something is true or fake and ignore any factual arguments.

Both Russian and British gammons superiority complex is based on winning WW2, something that happened over 75 years ago and which really is kind of irrelevant to todays World (other than trying to stop it happening again) as it is such a different place than it was then.

Can we avoid drifting into UK politics please and just stick with....

Thanks.
Whilst I’m always happy to have such nonce posts quoted, I feel compelled to state that any discussions in relation to UK politics in the last few pages are through the prism of our relationship with Russia this century, which has to be relevant to the thread, given how emboldened Russia has felt in recent years, culminating in its invasion of Ukraine.

Whilst I’m always happy to have such nonce posts quoted, I feel compelled to state that any discussions in relation to UK politics in the last few pages are through the prism of our relationship with Russia this century, which has to be relevant to the thread, given how emboldened Russia has felt in recent years, culminating in its invasion of Ukraine.
I agree, it was only once the pink meat and farage started getting a mention that I sensed it might drift ;-)

He is demented mate.

Slava Ukraini.

I think the Polish people with or without NATO would relish taking on this alcoholic, prisoner conscripted, kids who dont want to be there, rag taggle army. In fact I think they would batter them and the 30+ years of anger from the occupation by Russia would be released with a fury not witnessed for years in Europe.

Disagree. Without full American support in 2018 after Salisbury nothing we could have done would have made the slightest difference. As it was we expelled a number of Russian diplomats as did the Americans however Trump very quickly complained that he wished he hadn’t expelled so many, so a more forceful response while Trump was in charge was fanciful. He also took Putin’s word over that of his own intelligence services further undermining any potential response.

Were the Cabinet worried Lord Lebedev would pull their invites to his infamous party’s ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.