Russian invasion of Ukraine

Better delete your comment. It's rubbish and fake news.
I know you hate Germany with a passion but writing bollocks isn't the solution. People believe that nonsense.

Back to topics.
I'm not convinced Leopard would change anything.
What effect did russian tanks have in this war other than being destroyed by cheap manpads in thousands and offer flying turret videos?

Leo 2 combines armoured mobility with firepower.
But the current situation is very static. There's not much use of western tanks (and logistics) at the front line.

If NATO saw it as a game changer tanks would be there.
Not fake news at all. The German minister of defence goes to Washington to get approval for export of some of the US tech in the leopard 2s. He gets the approval and returns.
Putin has a chat with Sholtz over New Year and its all off according to SPD ministers. (Google is your friend.)
Don't hate Germany or France for that matter, but I do detest the attitude of the elites in Germany and France for their total inability to provide the kit for Ukraine to win this war.
If they aren't going to privide tanks then how about suffuciebnt 155mm howitzers, other artilady and ammunition instead. Nope, no sign of that either.
Including EU contributions Germany provides 65% of what Britain provides relative to GDP. France way lower.
Plenty of Germans and French who agree with me too.

Last edited:
Let's look at which countries have divested their Russian holding and which have kept them...
Bet you can't guess who two of the bigger refusniks are? It came as a shock (not) to me...

Not fake news at all. The German minister of defence goes to Washington to get approval for export of some of the US tech in the leopard 2s. He gets the approval and returns.
Putin has a chat with Sholtz over New Year and its all off according to SPD ministers.
Don't hate Germany or France for that matter, but I do detest the attitude of the elites in Germany and France for their total inability to provide the kit for Ukraine to win this war.
If they aren't going to privide tanks then how about suffuciebnt 155mm howitzers, other artilady and ammunition instead. Nope, no sign of that either.
Including EU contributions Germany provides 65% of what Britain provides relative to GDP. France way lower.

From what I’ve read they have never agreed to send tanks. Past looking into it there has never been anything to it.

No NATO country has sent western made main battle tanks and no NATO country will until all agree too.

Putin has a chat with Sholtz over New Year and its all off according to SPD ministers.
I'll keep it short:

His name is Scholz.
He didn't "chat" with Putin over New Year. Last time (2 Dec) he demanded all Russian troops to leave UA soil.
He made it clear that Russia must not and will not win this war. Many times.

MoD was in Washington last March and certainly didn't ask for Leopard export approvals. Btw he is a she...

Germany's army is criminally underfunded, for decades.
We can't supply what you wish for within a blink. We try to ramp up ammo production, but it takes time obviously.

You are right though Germany should be more responsible and esp in terms of GDP, but don't forget the social cost for over 1m Ukranian people in Germany, incl 200k kids at schools (without speaking any German, kind of a problem).

We need more accuracy about a highly complex topic with many unknown sensitive details.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.