Russian invasion of Ukraine

I'll keep it short:

His name is Scholz.
He didn't "chat" with Putin over New Year. Last time (2 Dec) he demanded all Russian troops to leave UA soil.
He made it clear that Russia must not and will not win this war. Many times.

MoD was in Washington last March and certainly didn't ask for Leopard export approvals. Btw he is a she...

Germany's army is criminally underfunded, for decades.
We can't supply what you wish for within a blink. We try to ramp up ammo production, but it takes time obviously.

You are right though Germany should be more responsible and esp in terms of GDP, but don't forget the social cost for over 1m Ukranian people in Germany, incl 200k kids at schools (without speaking any German, kind of a problem).

We need more accuracy about a highly complex topic with many unknown sensitive details.
When Germany sends more milititary support I'll listen to you. Till then enjoy the despair on the streets of Ukraine and in many other places in Eastern europe. They just don't understand why Germany and France are so reticent.

When Germany sends more milititary support I'll listen to you. Till then enjoy the despair on the streets of Ukraine and in many other places in Eastern europe. They just don't understand why Germany and France are so reticent.
German anti-missile systems seem to be doing a good job. It would be good if they could provide more hardware but it’s not like they’re doing nothing.

Are you in Ukraine at the moment?

Are you in Ukraine at the moment?
No. I did watch two of our MPs visit Karkiv a couple of weeks ago though to support the charity that I support, Siobhan’s Trust, a charity that feeds internally displaced persons in Ukraine (the MPs were Tory Ian Duncan Smith and Labour'Jan Cumings) and the question and answer session with Ukrainian MPs while they were out there was quiet illuminanating - the people of Ukraine just don't understand the reluctance of Germany and France to support Ukraine militarily. They also think Sunak is looking for a way to get out of supporting UkrIne to the level we have.

Incidently the Charity web site is here:
Worth while to donate.

Last edited:
No. I did watch two of our MPs visit Karkiv though to support the charity Siobhan’s Trust that I support (Tory Ian Duncan Smith and Labour's Jan Cummings) and the question and answer session while they were out their was quiet illuminanating - the people of Ukraine just don't understand the reluctance of Germany and France to support Ukraine militarily. They also think Sunak is looking for a way to get out of supporting UkrIne to the level we have.

Incidently the Charity web site is here:
Worth while to donate.
Thanks BlueAnorak

I am already contributing to another charity that I’ve mentioned on here before. My mate Bob is leaving for the Ukraine in early March and we are having a day packing his lorry on the 10th Feb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.