Russian invasion of Ukraine

Ive not checked the weather for a couple of week,so don't know how cold its been,but by weekend....

Donetsk Region -15°
Luhansk Region -19°
Very good visibility...........could be interesting.

Slava Ukraini.

Last edited:
I've been thinking this for a while, unlike nazi germany, he's finding another way to commit genocide against his own population of non "russian", rather than the gas chamber, at least they may take some enemy with them on the way.
Mr Putins megalomania whether natural or drug induced will not allow himself to fail.
Sacrifices have to be made with perhaps his personal choices at the forefront but would he really pick a war where he needs to make these choices?
I don't think so, he genuinely1 believed it would be a walkover.
The quality of his troops ill preparedness is down to his own choice of Generals nothing else so maybe his later rationale is flavored with racism to eliminate and therefore blame them for the decay.
Just an opinion.

Mr Putins megalomania whether natural or drug induced will not allow himself to fail.
Sacrifices have to be made with perhaps his personal choices at the forefront but would he really pick a war where he needs to make these choices?
I don't think so, he genuinely1 believed it would be a walkover.
The quality of his troops ill preparedness is down to his own choice of Generals nothing else so maybe his later rationale is flavored with racism to eliminate and therefore blame them for the decay.
Just an opinion.
I would say the quality of his armed forces is a direct result of the corruption within the country rather than the selection of particular generals. If Russia’s defence budget since the fall of the Soviet Union had gone into maintenance, support, logistics and training instead of much of it being hived off into the pockets of Putin and the oligarchs they would have been a much more formidable opponent. They are reaping the inevitable consequences of a corrupt regime that has always put the enrichment of its top few people above the needs of the country.

Russian MoD claim a revenge strike for the Makiivka incident.
They claim to of killed 200 Ukrainian soldiers,4 RM-70Vampire MLRS,800 MLRS missiles,8 APVs,and.........wait for it........
5 HIMARS Systems.

Slava Ukraini.

I would say the quality of his armed forces is a direct result of the corruption within the country rather than the selection of particular generals. If Russia’s defence budget since the fall of the Soviet Union had gone into maintenance, support, logistics and training instead of much of it being hived off into the pockets of Putin and the oligarchs they would have been a much more formidable opponent. They are reaping the inevitable consequences of a corrupt regime that has always put the enrichment of its top few people above the needs of the country.
I'm sure you are correct but perhaps the 2 can coexist?
In other words a strong functioning defence policy and corruption or am I naive?

Russian MoD claim a revenge strike for the Makiivka incident.
They claim to of killed 200 Ukrainian soldiers,4 RM-70Vampire MLRS,800 MLRS missiles,8 APVs,and.........wait for it........
5 HIMARS Systems.

Slava Ukraini.
oh no! Ukraine must be down to it's last negative 100 HIMARS systems now, with the Russian successes...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.