Russian invasion of Ukraine

The Russians really are no good at math.....
In the left column - HIMARS destroyed.
In the right column - HIMARS delivered to Ukraine.

Slava Ukraini.

FlkjtnPXEAA_wbd.jpeg.jpg

I think you have a mix of factors. A toxic mix.

Putin will not tolerate strong generals as a military coup is his biggest threat. I'm sure I read that his mix of top generals are chosen almost exclusively on the basis they would not form a cohesive political force or be popular as leaders. Anyone coming up the ranks who could be a threat to Putin has their career checked.

Corrupt is also a massive factor. Its a given, almost a perk of high office that you can stick your hand in the till. It becomes part of the currency of power. The most sought after jobs are the ones involving procurement and distribution of assets. All of it covered up with false reporting of military assets and strength.
I seem to recall that Mr Abromovic, as an Oligarch friend of Mr Putin, was asked to interview individually the Cabinet Mr Putin first chose when he originally came to office.
He certainly was afraid of latent threats politically so no doubt the military threat to his power was of similar status.
Certainly, all who even hint at disagreement with Mr P. seem to fall from high windows so there is every chance he surrounds himself with yes men who dare not even suggest new tactics.

I seem to recall that Mr Abromovic, as an Oligarch friend of Mr Putin, was asked to interview individually the Cabinet Mr Putin first chose when he originally came to office.
He certainly was afraid of latent threats politically so no doubt the military threat to his power was of similar status.
Certainly, all who even hint at disagreement with Mr P. seem to fall from high windows so there is every chance he surrounds himself with yes men who dare not even suggest new tactics.
Approx 1:13

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.