Russian invasion of Ukraine

oh no! Ukraine must be down to it's last negative 100 HIMARS systems now, with the Russian successes...
Think it was around the first week in September when they claimed to of destroyed 44 HIMARS in one day.
Their claims must be pushing 100 now......think 38 was signed off to be delivered,only 20 have so far.

Slava Ukraini.

I would say the quality of his armed forces is a direct result of the corruption within the country rather than the selection of particular generals. If Russia’s defence budget since the fall of the Soviet Union had gone into maintenance, support, logistics and training instead of much of it being hived off into the pockets of Putin and the oligarchs they would have been a much more formidable opponent. They are reaping the inevitable consequences of a corrupt regime that has always put the enrichment of its top few people above the needs of the country.

It’s mind boggling that a quarter of Russia’s entire budget to run the country is being thrown into this war. What must that be doing to public services such as health, police, education, infrastructure for the country? Play the long game with them and their country will topple. They are going nowhere in Ukraine and the missile attacks they are resorting to now doesn’t seem to have the impact of what the Kremlin would like.

Russian MoD claim a revenge strike for the Makiivka incident.
They claim to of killed 200 Ukrainian soldiers,4 RM-70Vampire MLRS,800 MLRS missiles,8 APVs,and.........wait for it........
5 HIMARS Systems.

Slava Ukraini.
ikjtifa6dfm81.jpg

I would say the quality of his armed forces is a direct result of the corruption within the country rather than the selection of particular generals. If Russia’s defence budget since the fall of the Soviet Union had gone into maintenance, support, logistics and training instead of much of it being hived off into the pockets of Putin and the oligarchs they would have been a much more formidable opponent. They are reaping the inevitable consequences of a corrupt regime that has always put the enrichment of its top few people above the needs of the country.
I think you have a mix of factors. A toxic mix.

Putin will not tolerate strong generals as a military coup is his biggest threat. I'm sure I read that his mix of top generals are chosen almost exclusively on the basis they would not form a cohesive political force or be popular as leaders. Anyone coming up the ranks who could be a threat to Putin has their career checked.

Corrupt is also a massive factor. Its a given, almost a perk of high office that you can stick your hand in the till. It becomes part of the currency of power. The most sought after jobs are the ones involving procurement and distribution of assets. All of it covered up with false reporting of military assets and strength.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.