Russian invasion of Ukraine

I wonder how's the new US Congress going to affect the US support for Ukraine? Do they have the powers to do something?
You've got to laugh - German Greens putting pressure to send military equipment to Ukraine and the far right opposed to it, pretty much tells us all we need to know about the ideology of this war.

To be fair though the Italian PM is the only right wing politician I know of that is in Zelensky's corner and has ramped up deliveries and humanitarian support since being recently elected.

Mentioned yesterday about the 3 trains,but its being claimed its for "execises"....posted a pic of 1 of said trains.....all the vehicles had a "Z" on them.
Why,for an exercise?

Slava Ukraini.
What’s your take on it though? Build up for a new northern front or a bluff to move more Ukrainian troops away from south and East front lines to a potential new front?

Massive gamble by Lukashenko if this happens as Belarus will be dragged into this.

What’s your take on it though? Build up for a new northern front or a bluff to move more Ukrainian troops away from south and East front lines to a potential new front?

Massive gamble by Lukashenko if this happens as Belarus will be dragged into this.
Force them down a road and 20 Ukrainians with NLAW’s would wipe the lot out

I wonder how's the new US Congress going to affect the US support for Ukraine? Do they have the powers to do something?
They don't have any power alone. But do have a kind of veto/blocking power. They can block the spending bill so basically can ask anything and link it to that. But the GQP majority is only 5 so out of 223 republicans 5 can join with the dems to break a block.

Wile the numbers are small the crazies are a strong force so everything the congress has to do will get ugly.

North Ukraine is well fortified.
I have no doubt,the Russian and Belarus troops are dreading the call for that area.

Slava Ukraini.

Force them down a road and 20 Ukrainians with NLAW’s would wipe the lot out
I just can’t believe they would be that stupid again, they have a new general in charge and they have the benefit of hindsight this time round. However, can’t see how this would work for both russia or Belarus - I’m missing the bigger picture in these moves.

Zelinsky certainly worries about ‘Ukraine fatigue’ taking hold in the west, tho’ as you say there is not much evidence of it yet. The ‘Freedom Caucus‘ in the House of Representatives have US withdrawal from arms supply as one of their aims. Currently they have no chance with this. UK remains committed, but France is a worry. Baltic States and Poland committed. Georgia has a force operating in Ukraine. We just have to remain vigilant and challenge any backsliding.
60% of Republicans and 80% of Democrates will push funding through the house. Nothing to worry about. It will just show the "Freedom Caucus" up as the arseholes they are.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.