Russian invasion of Ukraine

Descriptions of these modern tanks sound like that too, but like i say, I know bugger all about it!
They do but not quite in the same league. The only piece of kit close is an Abrams with it's gas turbine engine. Ukraine couldn't hope to maintain that in the next year as it's on a par with a commercial jet engine. Fuel consumption of 5 US gallons a mile would also stress Ukrainian fuel delivery logistics to the limit as well.

Last edited:
"Free the Leopards" slogan.

What’s Germany’s problem (and France) on supplying arms to Ukraine?

The Ukrainians are fighting a war on behalf of the US and NATO to weaken Russia (not invade it) and reduce the capability of its plan to integrate countries back into into the former bloc.

Without support, Ukraine would have fallen very early on, a puppet administration installed and then it would have just been a matter of time before Putin pressured the next country.

Personally I think Germany and France are very focused on the after war landscape and looking to best place themselves to take advantage of it.

There was me thinking Ukrainian’s are fighting a war on behalf of themselves. Rather than the yanks egging Putin on to invade all along.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.