Russian invasion of Ukraine

I’m no Tory but seems to me our govt are making a reasonable fist of supplying Ukraine. Be good to see how the various new tanks and missile systems affect the war.
The west needs to send in some planes and tomahawk missiles and turn the tide quickly. Clearly we are escalating our support but doing so too slowly. Might as well ramp it up much sooner and get the job done. It's going to end that way eventually.

Wagner is all Mercenaries so I would depend on experience before joining I guess. A commander wouldn’t start back at private.
No obviously not, but he wouldn't be a "commander" after a few weeks either, just seems odd, and now he's defected after 4 months (left them in November - though I respect him if it genuinely is because of the war crimes he witnessed), still seems a bit odd though.

Are "the west" flying them, and firing them ?

There's a good reason the answer is no we're not.
So what if we are flying them. Putin is a busted flush. Better to finish him and his crap army off sooner rather than later. I think we've heard enough empty promises to realise he can't won't be pressing any nuclear buttons over Ukraine , the man's a coward.

Evening Update:

Last edited:
The west needs to send in some planes and tomahawk missiles and turn the tide quickly. Clearly we are escalating our support but doing so too slowly. Might as well ramp it up much sooner and get the job done. It's going to end that way eventually.
It’s obvious to me that the west want the war to drag on until such a time that Russia is crippled through sanctions and has no means to remobilise. At the moment Putin is still in a position of strength in the country and a defeat now would still see him in power. Move on 12 months with the loss of another 200,000 men and the country on its arse and then there may be a chance of a more favourable outcome for all sides (except Russia).

Point out where I said that? Talk about twisting words. Lol.
No you didn't say that, but if I understand you correctly you advocate the UK unilaterally declaring war on Russia, which both strips us of the protection of the NATO umbrella and if extrapolated to a logical conclusion may well involve us bombing Moscow whilst they do the same to London. I don't think you've thought it through have you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.