Russian invasion of Ukraine

Germany being a past perpetrator should be doing more than would be expected.
Yet they are dragging their feet at every step possible.
If this is for some economic reason for the future, then they should hang their heads in shame.
However, there may be other motives we are not privy to. Either way, it seems they are firmly looking after their owns interests.

I think German motivations are very different to this, at least in part.

Germany has had a policy of not deploying armed forces beyond their boundaries since WWII, because of the disaster they foisted on the world.

The country has a very strong culture of not wanting to be an aggressor, and overcoming this even in current circumstances is understandably difficult.

Additionally, their defence spending (for many of the same reasons) has been pretty low, so actual availability of kit may not be so good.

Huge shame Farage wasn't sitting in on this parliamentary session with his warm admiration of putin and his dislike of Verhofstadt, I wonder if he would of given it the usual billy big bollocks and twisted it to say how down to him the UK was leading the way.

The main problem to a peaceful outcome is what Russia actually wants.
There have been no clear demands. The motive for the war changes by the day.
So we have to judge them on their actions.

This isn't a simple land grab. It is genocide in action.
This world that i thought wouldn't allow this to ever happen again is largely standing by watching it happen.

Germany being a past perpetrator should be doing more than would be expected.
Yet they are dragging their feet at every step possible.
If this is for some economic reason for the future, then they should hang their heads in shame.
However, there may be other motives we are not privy to. Either way, it seems they are firmly looking after their owns interests.

There are a lot of countries that have gone way up in my estimation, with Poland being at the top of the list.
They have opened their borders, provided aid. They have donated weapons.
No once moaning, they have just got on with it.

Thankfully, it appears the sanctions are really starting to kick in.
What we are left with is one megalomaniac who time on this earth is nearly over. The sooner the better.
Russia's allies are already backing off. His own people are finally asking the right questions.
The mess he has left (and the manner of his soon to be departure), will hopefully put off even the most extreme replacement.
He’ll be executed before he dies from whatever illness he has hopefully

I posted the other day Ukrainian forces were well inside Kreminna.
Apparently it was a couple of recon units,dunno if they are still inside or not.....summat is brewing though.
There is a huge amount of Ukrainian forces waiting around for summat.
Forest to the South.

Slava Ukraini.

It peacefully ends when the Russians leave Ukraine and agrees to pay reparations for the damages they've done to the country and its people alongside signing a treaty that respects and recognises Ukraine's sovereignty and their wishes to join NATO and the EU.
Why in earth would Ukraine go through all this only to give up their sovereignty to a load of unelected bureaucrats in a soon-to-collapse EU? I thought they were shedding blood for their independence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.