Russian invasion of Ukraine

No, as things stand today, not a single western tank is fighting in Ukraine, they are just "promises", and their tank commanders are yet to be trained to use them.

I don’t for one second believe that Ukranian tank crews haven’t already been given the training needed for an initial batch of tanks.

Decisions like these are months in the making and we have already seen the armour is already on the move towards the border.

Germany part of the neutrals? Germany is the 2nd biggest donator to Ukraine on par with the UK. Supplies, Money, ammonition, rocket launchers, ATMs, artillery, IFVs, pioneer tanks and MBTs. Scholz forced the US to commit MBTs themselves which only helps the Ukraine. And we haven't even touched the costs for millions of refugees in Germany. How many Ukrainian refugees are in the UK or in France? Spain? Italy? The U.S. of A.?
Not in Miltary aid.about half of UK military aid.

I don’t for one second believe that Ukranian tank crews haven’t already been given the training needed for an initial batch of tanks.
Maybe, I don't know for sure on what kit they're trained on, but we've been training the Ukraine army since putin went into Crimea in 2014 I do know that.

I don't know if we've been training them on western kit, or just western tactics, we did it in situ until last Jan, we've been doing it outside theatre since then.

is the correct reply and even if they did they have had planty of chances to start one but all we hear are empty threats, i raised an eybrow with the leopard tanks and thought it just may send them over the edge but nothing, they know full well they would be wiped off the face of the earth, maybe its time to supply Ukraine now with longer range missiles to start hitting targets in Russias back yard,retaliate the same as there receiving
We would all be wiped out.

Maybe, I don't know for sure on what kit they're trained on, but we've been training the Ukraine army since putin went into Crimea in 2014 I do know that.

I don't know if we've been training them on western kit, or just western tactics, we did it in situ until last Jan, we've been doing it outside theatre since then.
Western tactics for the most part - there was an article on it a few months ago that descibed it all very well but I cant find it at the monent.
it was a joint decision by the US, UK and Canada. hmHere are some details:
US 23k troops trained:
UK Operation Orbital (22k troops trained): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Orbital
Canada Operation Unifier (10k troops trained): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unifier

Last edited:

Decisions like these are months in the making and we have already seen the armour is already on the move towards the border.
Yeah,posted a while back that I thought training would start well before any equipment was announced.
Ukrainian pilots have been training on the A-10 Warthog since August.

Slava Ukraini.

Abrams, Leopard2, Challenger2! This will be a logistics nightmare supplying spares etc. The Abrams uses a different fuel as well, and lots of it. Yes, I know the other two can use the same fuel but they will run less efficiently. The last experiment I administered before leaving the army was running our vehicles on Avtur.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.