Russian invasion of Ukraine

I mean, this makes even less sense. You're suggesting a dirty bomb attack on a major civilian centre?

So a guaranteed way to bring a huge NATO response without any major impact. Absolutely no chance.

More generally, what conclusion do you draw as to what the West should do from your nuclear speculations?
I think you are misunderstnding me

If he were to do it trying to intimidate Ukrainians then of course there should be a major response from NATO, but that line hasn't been tested and considering Putins approach to human sacrifice, are you confident he wouldn't, particularly as he continues to suffer more losses?

If it were the end game, then Putin has noting else to lose and might go out all guns blazing so to speak, as again he doesn't seem to care on ramifications

Difficult to predict what a madman might do

Obviously Russian troops building up at various camps inside Russia.
Another camp hit at Novaya Tavolzhanka,Russia.......thats 9 now.

Slava Ukraini.

Why would China get involved? You still haven't explained that?

And even if they did, is that your deal breaker in supporting Ukraine? If China wants to be idiotic and support Putin's invasion militarily, we condemn them the same as we have Belarus and Iran.

In all fairness its not really for him to explain as its not his suggestion that China may get involved. Its all stemming from a post I made quoting the BBC which was stating the US believe China are thinking about supplying weapons and the conversation continued from that.

Last edited:
I think you are misunderstnding me

If he were to do it trying to intimidate Ukrainians then of course there should be a major response from NATO, but that line hasn't been tested and considering Putins approach to human sacrifice, are you confident he wouldn't, particularly as he continues to suffer more losses?

If it were the end game, then Putin has noting else to lose and might go out all guns blazing so to speak, as again he doesn't seem to care on ramifications

Difficult to predict what a madman might do

So, from all this speculation, what do you think the West's strategy should be?

Sadly its hard to know what most Russians think. The media is warped and its that way as anyone who speaks out gets killed. So the Russians are fed BS on the one hand but also know that anyone who opposes the BS ends up dead or in jail.
New documentary coming out on that issue from the BBC but the findings are general divisions on and state tv v internet media consumption.

So, from all this speculation, what do you think the West's strategy should be?
I would love to see NATO in now but realise that carries threats that it would likely end the civilised world should that come to fruition, so carry on providing more offensive weapons to Ukraine until such time Putin is defeated, or he uses weapons deemed totally unacceptable

I don't know what runs through his head, and I agree it's highly unlikely, but I would never say "never" in his case.

I think a lot of people forget that this conflict didn't start a year ago, it started 9 years ago, and has never really stopped since, it escalated a year ago, but has been laregly repelled back to where it was a year ago, after a brief hiatus last spring, so he has already "lost" what he aimed to achieve then.

How much more he loses we don't know, but my suspicion is that if Ukraine genearlly threatened to take Crimea back, then the threats might be more serious, on that we'll have to wait and see.

However anyone thinking the UN or international law make any difference, forget it, he doesn't give a fuck sadly.
Yes I agree.
Started nine years ago and Crimea would be whole new escalation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.