Russian invasion of Ukraine

Some misdirection by some posters above concerning territory regained by Ukraine.
Ukraine has retaken 8,000 sq. kilometres mainly in East. Kharkiv and Kherson the main cities re—occupied plus hundreds of villages.

Some misdirection by some posters above concerning territory regained by Ukraine.
Ukraine has retaken 8,000 sq. kilometres mainly in East. Kharkiv and Kherson the main cities re—occupied plus hundreds of villages.
Yeah.....he was asking about territory taken in 2014.
Or before this invasion.

Slava Ukraini.

This one is very interesting indeed. From reading up. JDAM's are plane launched and can be up to 2000kg.

The fact they are plane launched is very telling. and 2000kg! thats a very significant upgrade in punching power.

For reference.
HIMARS ammo( the standard stuff ) is < 100kg.
GLSDB is about 200kg.
Interesting, must be the bridge...

Just for accuracy:
JDAMs have a max mass of 2,000 lb (909 kg), it seems:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ukraine-long-range-version-of-gps-guided-bomb

The project shall be completed by 30 June 2023. As we can't expect western jets in UA by then, it indicates that MIGs will be used to deliver JDAMs, mentioned in the article.

As for GLSDB:
including M26 "booster" total mass is 600 lb (270 kg),
the SDB bomb itself (GBU-39) - hitting the target - has 250 lb (113 kg).

Furthermore, it seems current Ukraine launchers can't launch GLSDB!
They might need new retrofit M270/Himars. That could stretch delivery into late 2023. Not sure if true of course...

Last edited:
I note from his broadcast that Mr Putin has scrapped the nuclear agreement and intends to continue research and testing of such missiles.

I wonder who will fund this step?
Seems to me he will allow his country to emulate N. Korea which will be catastrophic for the general public.
Having tasted a better standard of living than ever before will he survive a reaction to his plans from the general public?

Interesting, must be the bridge...

Just for accuracy:
JDAMs have a max mass of 2,000 lb (909 kg), it seems:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ukraine-long-range-version-of-gps-guided-bomb

The project shall be completed by 30 June 2023. As we can't expect western jets in UA by then, it indicates that MIGs will be used to deliver JDAMs, mentioned in the article.

As for GLSDB:
including M26 "booster" total mass is 600 lb (270 kg),
the SDB bomb itself (GBU-39) - hitting the target - has 250 lb (113 kg).

Furthermore, it seems current Ukraine launchers can't launch GLSDB!
They might need new retrofit M270/Himars. That could stretch delivery into late 2023. Not sure if true of course...

Ahh thanks, I missread wiki when I checked.

Also didn't know about the retrofit needed. the whole idea was supposed to be they just fitted. Shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.