Russian invasion of Ukraine

I assume you mean a direct hit from 2.9 miles?

Yeah on an Iraqi tank with a depleted Uranium round. Im sure I’ve seen it reported somewhere that the T72 doesn’t have a firing range of what the Abrams, Challenger and Leopard has, if you can engage the enemy from a longer distance before they can hit you that surely gives you a strategic advantage straight away. Russia are now onto the older models of tanks which will be even worse for fire power.

Yeah on an Iraqi tank with a depleted Uranium round. Im sure I’ve seen it reported somewhere that the T72 doesn’t have a firing range of what the Abrams, Challenger and Leopard has, if you can engage the enemy from a longer distance before they can hit you that surely gives you a strategic advantage straight away. Russia are now onto the older models of tanks which will be even worse for fire power.
cheers. Not sure on MBTs, more a nuc weapon persn, but agree totally if you can hit them whilst being out of their range, that is a huge advantage.

The older the platform the Russians roll out shows the rest of the world how depleted their army actually is. Hopefully a few self destruct on firing ammo

cheers. Not sure on MBTs, more a nuc weapon persn, but agree totally if you can hit them whilst being out of their range, that is a huge advantage.

The older the platform the Russians roll out shows the rest of the world how depleted their army actually is. Hopefully a few self destruct on firing ammo

If you look at the Gulf war, the Iraqi’s hyped up the Republican Guard who were far more competent tank crews than the rag tag conscripts the Russians are putting in their tanks. The T-72 was obliterated by NATO equipment in the Gulf war, what will the Ukrainian army do who seem to be very resourceful and creative with the main battle tanks and personnel carriers they will get in the coming months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.