Russian invasion of Ukraine

Will Russia use tactical nuclear weapons against Ukraine?

Unfortunately - I think that this is inevitable. Putin is desperate for victory - things aren't going well - the West already hates him and has declared that he's a war criminal. "What's there to lose?" - must surely be his calculus.

Unfortunately - I think that this is inevitable. Putin is desperate for victory - things aren't going well - the West already hates him and has declared that he's a war criminal. "What's there to lose?" - must surely be his calculus.

All the evidence says you're completely wrong.

Putin has been humiliated multiple times and not done this.

Putin routinely threatens and does nothing.

He has everything to lose and nothing to gain by going nuclear. Which is why he hasn't done it, and won't do it.

All the evidence says you're completely wrong.

Putin has been humiliated multiple times and not done this.

Putin routinely threatens and does nothing.

He has everything to lose and nothing to gain by going nuclear. Which is why he hasn't done it, and won't do it.
I hope that you are correct.

I'll point out that Putin crazily invaded Ukraine in the first place - terrible idea - because he had bad advice, surrounded by "yes" men - all those who dared to disagree with him long since removed.

I'll also point out that even prior to the invasion of Ukraine, some of Putin's generals recommended that tactical nuclear weapons be deployed on the battlefield because the West was too weak to respond.

Finally - given his penchant for irrational decisions - and that the war is dragging on and is going badly - I'm of the opinion that he'll use nukes. At first just one - as a test - against military targets. And unless Putin is killed or something else radically transpires - he'll eventually use them against civilian targets.

We're not talking about a rational human being. We're talking about Putin - a war criminal - megalomaniac - who directed his forces to apartment-bomb innocent Russian civilians as a political stunt to increase his standing and power.

Make no mistake - the risk that Putin will use tactical nukes is real - and I think that it is rather more likely than not.

Last edited:
Not that I have support for Trump, Putin, the Chinese **** or anybody else, however…Ukraine is not part of NATO and it’s worrying where this whole shit show is heading

They're fighting your war against Russia for you Idaho (You as in the US).

I think we've all had our eyes opened as to how powerful and proficient Russia really is. They are left to fight a war with 'meat grinder' tactics and nuclear threats (well, we have some of those as well........lots of them).

By putting sanctions in place and supplying the military hardware, you can seriously weaken your old adversary without putting boots on the ground and having the media revel in the body bags coming home.

As to where does it go.

I'd be surprised if NATO are drawn in, I can't see Russia wanting that.

How long can Ukraine keep fighting a war of attrition? I don't know.

How could an end to fighting be agreed without Ukraine keeping its lands?
Putin will not walk away from this emptyhanded by choice.

I guess if the US said at some point in the future, there would be no more support unless Ukraine agreed to give up areas of land for a peaceful solution, but I'm not sure what the reaction to that would be.

His balls
His eyes
His fingers
His toes
His nipples
His ears
His nose
His lips
His teeth
His ability to walk
His sphincter
His children and grandchildren

I'll point out that Putin crazily invaded Ukraine in the first place - terrible idea - because he had bad advice, surrounded by "yes" men - all those who dared to disagree with him long since removed.

I'll also point out that even prior to the invasion of Ukraine, some of Putin's generals recommended that tactical nuclear weapons be deployed on the battlefield because the West was too weak to respond.

Finally - given his penchant for irrational decisions - and that the war is dragging on and is going badly - I'm of the opinion that he'll use nukes. At first just one - as a test - against military targets. And unless Putin is killed or something else radically transpires - he'll eventually use them against civilian targets.

We're not talking about a rational human being. We're talking about Putin - a war criminal - megalomaniac - who directed his forces to apartment-bomb innocent Russian civilians as a political stunt to increase his standing and power.

Make no mistake - the risk that Putin will use tactical nukes is real - and I think that it is rather more likely than not.
I think if he did, that would be a red line for NATO. Putin knows that hence, I don't believe he will

Make no mistake, you're obviously wrong, as if he were likely to do this, he would have done already, as his armies have been routed and there is zero prospect of him meeting his original objectives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.