Russian invasion of Ukraine

Did you hear the comments of the UAE representative? She was pretty clear that the Russian action was wrong and that the territorial integrity of member states had to be respected.

They have an excellent relationship with Russia and sometimes a critical friend having a quiet word can be more effective than someone hostile screaming in your face. I'd be more interested in what they're saying to Putin privately than meaningless gestures in the useless UN talking shop.

What really surprises me, is that nobody on here has spelt it EUA yet!

The UAE does not do what the British Foreign Office tells them to do any more.

It's irrelevant anyway as far as this topic is concerned.
It's not just the British Forugn Office though is it ? Plenty of other countries that they have "an excellent relationship" with have managed to register their disgust at this formally in the UN. The weasel words of their representative are just that if you aren't prepared to back a unified response by voting. Putin's regime will certainly view it as being supportive.
Comes a point when the blue tinted specs need to be cleaned a little.

Last edited:
That's what has been surfacing in the social media last few days in my opinion too.
Among other things, many consider Putin to be a strong leader who follows up his words with action where as West looked helpless, mostly not realizing that Putin had no concern for plight of his own people.
Also, UN is considered useless when big powers are involved in the conflict.
So you think that the Russian invasion of the Ukraine is acceptable?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.