Russian invasion of Ukraine

But raising less revenue

Perhaps the EU could also focus on closing loopholes that allow Russia to continue to export certain products in to the EU. Italy for example has increased, yes increased, its direct imports of pig iron from Russia since before the invasion. Belgium has reduced by 30% its semi finished product imports from Russia but still imported nearly 350m tonnes in the first quarter this year. So far for just the iron and steel complex in the first quarter this year, to put that in to context the EU countries paid enough for Russia to buy 25,000 Iranian drones to terrorise Ukrainian civilians. It goes deeper than this as well but that’s for another day.

The paradox here, of course, is that Russias invasion pushed fuel costs through the roof, industrial costs went up and so they can’t compete with Russian price points. If we don’t want Russian origin in our supply chain we have to pay more but then we all complain at how expensive stuff is now and how the governments should do more to keep costs down. Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

The right hand man of Kadyrov, Delimkhanov to Prigozhin:

"If something is not clear to you, you can contact me at any time, indicate the time and place. We will explain to you what you don't understand. Say the place: where, what, when. We will solve any issue face to face with you"

I posted he would be dead before June is out.....instruction must of come sooner.

Slava Ukraini.

Macron, I really don't know what to say about his latest statement:

He started by alluding to a remark in 2003 by then-French President Jacques Chirac, who said East European nations who backed the United States and Britain’s decision to invade Iraq - opposed by France and Germany, among others - had missed a “good opportunity to shut up”.
The remark turned relations frosty between East European countries, and it got much, much worse after Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022. Easten Europe was simply exasperated with France and Germany’s aparant appeasement to Russia.

I'm not sure if Macron should be given some credit for his admission of having been wrong or whether he is saying Ukraine has one chance to be successful or it back to appeasing Russia.

I despair, I really do.

The BlueMoon "surrender monkey" interpretation seems to be the opposite of how most analysts have viewed the speech.

Saying we will negotiate with Putin if he's still there is merely the blindingly obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.