Russian invasion of Ukraine

BTW this fella's daily streams at 8pm uk are usually worth a watch. It's not really about the daily events of the war, more a look at some russian internals.

I mean obviously they moved their own out in advance of blowing the dam….

It’s a pretty clear trading of territory for time - realistically it’s going to be 6-8 weeks before Ukraine can think of advancing in Kherson now, to set a temporary dam, allow the waters to subside and the area to dry out.

In this time Russia can heavily reinforce the area, making a future advance here extremely unattractive, effectively narrowing the front and reducing Ukraines options to break through deep into Crimea…

Clearly from a purely tactical standpoint, blowing the dam for an army in disarray and not exactly squeamish about a war crime like the Russians makes sense.
Not so sure mate.
They did not move their troops or equipment before blowing it.
There is a load of troops on Kinburn Spit,stranded.
Ukrainian Forces simply move South from Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Regions.
The only way the Russians can retreat,if they do,and i think they will,is through Crimea.
Russia,blowing the Dam has fucked it for Russia.
There is already many Russians deserting.
Using boats to the right bank in civillian clothes.

Slava Ukraini.

I'm not convinced, it's not impossible that the dam just "failed", especially if they raised the level as much as was shown earlier in the thread, according to that the level had gone up 3 1/2 m since January, that's a huge increase in pressure.

bbc tonight showed an image from a few days ago, with what appeared to be a breach already. Ukraine shelled it when trying to take Kherson back last year, to prevent russia reinforcing, the roadway had gone back then, so they tried and failed to reinforce using pontoon bridges. I doubt it's had any maintenance since then, there's a video earlier today with commentary saying there were no clear explosions, so it might just have failed, though I doubt we'll ever find out.

Russia hit it really hard last November

If it wasn’t for the fact they reduced then Raised the water level to the highest it even had been I’d think this was a mistake.

Russia hit it really hard last November
Yes and Ukraine before that to close the road.

As I said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's just "failed", especially after a 3 1/2 m depth increase in the reservoir in a few months (it had gone down by a couple of metres before that).

The reservoir covers over 2000 sq km normally, so an increase in depth like that is a huge extra volume in water pressure.

Fuck Russia.
Hard_Applause_Gif_Animation.gif

Yes and Ukraine before that to close the road.

As I said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's just "failed", especially after a 3 1/2 m depth increase in the reservoir in a few months (it had gone down by a couple of metres before that).

The reservoir covers over 2000 sq km normally, so an increase in depth like that is a huge extra volume in water pressure.
Maybe so, pretty convenient they changed the laws last week though. Apparently industrial incidents on annexed territories will no longer be investigated if they judge it to be 'terrorism'.

Last edited:
I heard mention today that the blowing of the nova kakhova dam is to be be classed as a war crime, but hasn't this tactic been used over the centuries by various combatants. The Americans in Vietnam and korea with syria in the last decade. The Chinese blowing the dykes of the yanksie river in the 30's causing death and destruction on a gigantuan scale.

Ourselves during operation chastise, attacking the sorpe eider and moenhe dams in an attept to halt the nazi war machine and bring about an end to german war production to hasten the end of the ww2.

Wars a messy business however you call it, but god speed the Ukrainian armed forces in reclaming back their land from the Russian occupier. Slava Ukraine and heyom slava with the assistance of Nato and it's more than welcome intelligence provision et weaponry supplies .. onward to victory.
Very true Bob, I'm just dismayed at the further escalation in the destruction of Ukraine presumably caused by the Russians. All because of one senile old man's ego.

Very true Bob, I'm just dismayed at the further escalation in the destruction of Ukraine presumably caused by the Russians. All because of one senile old man's ego.
One senile old man supported by several thousand deranged paranoid subordinates ,several thousand paranoid military leaders, several million paranoid civil leaders , several hundred million paranoid civilians.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.