Russian invasion of Ukraine

So what's caused all this with the Wagner group then? Is it just a power grab or pissed off with the situation in Ukraine?

It's been a long running thing.

The first and biggest issue is Bakhmut, which Wagner were commanded to take and ended up losing 20,000+ men. All winter Prighozin would complain about the troops not getting the supplies they needed, and it gradually went from pleas for help to outright criticism of the Russian establishment.

By the end he was accusing Putin of sending his men there to die on purpose.

Then there were reports of some skirmishes between Russian and Wagner troops due to mistaken identity/chaos.

Then the Russians allegedly blew up a Wagner barracks as some sort of punishment to Prighozin for speaking out.

So he vowed to take revenge by killing Russian troops and calling for Putin's head.

I mean there isn't really any going back for either Wagner or Putin here is there? They have called each other out publically, I don't trust the Wagner monsters but they have stated they shouldn't have been in Ukraine, have the West just dangled the carrot (they are mercenaries at the end of the Day) and they are genuinely going for it? So many questions but won't take much convincing for plenty of the Russian army to defect to Wagner, even seeing videos of them moving their air defence equipment over the border, it's crazy but can only be a positive (currently) for Ukraine!

im about 30 pages behind ,so forgive me if these questions have been asked.

who bankrolls wagner, is there an oligarch funding them, if there is surely that means whoever is funding wagner will be behind this ?

(my conspiracy theory) there are quite a few PMC operating for russian, imagine if they came together backed by the different oligarchs? with the promise from the west if putin is kicked out and the whole of ukraine was given back, amongst other things,you will get your moneys back and have a say in the future of russia
Somebody has offered him a deal he can’t refuse. He only operates for mega bucks .

It's been a long running thing.

The first and biggest issue is Bakhmut, which Wagner were commanded to take and ended up losing 20,000+ men. All winter Prighozin would complain about the troops not getting the supplies they needed, and it gradually went from pleas for help to outright criticism of the Russian establishment.

By the end he was accusing Putin of sending his men there to die on purpose.

Then there were reports of some skirmishes between Russian and Wagner troops due to mistaken identity/chaos.

Then the Russians allegedly blew up a Wagner barracks as some sort of punishment to Prighozin for speaking out.

So he vowed to take revenge by killing Russian troops and calling for Putin's head.
Cheers for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.