Russian invasion of Ukraine

Might seem the safe option, but it's also a big gamble. Things are moving so fast that there could be a new and much more effective leader in Moscow by this time tomorrow.

If I was Ukraine I wouldn't go all in just yet but for sure I'd be ramping up the pressure to see the reaction.
Send in the drones, dropping leaflets.

"For you, the war is over. Go home. Protect your family in the Russian civil war."

I know their are considered arguments for sticking to the plan but I can’t help thinking that if executed correctly the Ukranian high command could make some tactical adjustments here in this window. If the kremlin and Wagner come to an agreement they could come back stronger as Wagner and prigozin who is a front line general are proven to be the better fighting outfit than the generals.

sensible lads,the war is over for them,keep them coming

If you are an ordinary Russian soldier in the Moscow region, you’ve probably escaped having to go to Ukraine because Putin has relied on PMCs to do his dirty work and has kept you back for (his) state security. Yet now you are being asked to fight against the ‘great warriors’ you have heard so much about over the last year, and on your side you now don’t know who is in charge or whom to trust. If you don’t fight them, however, they might soon be in power, and they might then decide to send you off to fight in Ukraine. ‘Pass the vodka!’

Tough one that.

On one hand that's a valid argument, on the other hand they might be better sitting back and watching the Russians destroy themselves, and there's a risk that by attacking now the Russians will re-unify in the face of a common enemy.

If I were a Ukrainian general I'd be tempted to hold back and watch it play out for now.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake" ?

Seems sensible to me, but then I know fuck all about military strategy or what's actually happening on the Ukraine front line.

However this plays out I think Ukraine may have won the war today. Whoever comes out on top in Russia will be far more concerned about protecting their home position than attacking Ukraine.

Here's hoping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.