Russian invasion of Ukraine

Safety protocols for nuclear weapons are implemented by all armed forces to stop a deranged loon using one in anger.
Each nuclear missile can only be launched with the use of a code and warheads will only detonate withtghe use of a code.
No codes? You can blow the warhead up with convention explosives but it only irradiates a couple of square miles with Plutonium.
Agree for large ICBM type nucs, but wasn't sure that is true for shell projectile type nucs

If staged, please explain what was in it for Putin.
The Belarus president is app very poorly and in theory Russia has annexed Belarus so suddenly a very powerful nan with a well equipped army is now in Minsk . Do t get me wrong there is friction with both men and also friction with putin and the generals as they don’t think hd is going far enough in Ukraine because they want a full land grab and not just the donbass but I expect the he Wagner boss to be the next president of Belarus .

Thinking as a mercenary I would wonder where my payment was coming from.

Will their senior officers still be committed and would they simply stop fighting in droves?

Recent events have publicly exposed the enormous distrust, both horizontal and vertical, permeating all levels of the Russian state, and the reality is that you cannot successfully prosecute a modern war when decisions are ignored, questioned, or accepted with hesitation. Therefore, while everyone is disappointed that the hydra didn’t devour itself yesterday, we need to appreciate that the distrust is deep-seated and festering, and that can ultimately only be to Ukraine’s benefit.

Recent events have publicly exposed the enormous distrust, both horizontal and vertical, permeating all levels of the Russian state, and the reality is that you cannot successfully prosecute a modern war when decisions are ignored, questioned, or accepted with hesitation. Therefore, while everyone is disappointed that the hydra didn’t devour itself yesterday, we need to appreciate that the distrust is deep-seated and festering, and that can ultimately only be to Ukraine’s benefit.
Just musing but I fear more now for Ukraine as we know Wagner wanted to hit harder, and now it looks like he will

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.