Russian invasion of Ukraine

Maybe the Wagner guy thought he had backing from a third party, but it didn't come through when he expected.

This was what I was just thinking, maybe wagner thought someone in Moscow was meant to assist and shitout. Leaving no choice but to call it off and broker a deal. But why would you leave knowing you just signed your own death warrant. Maybe this was just the end of the beginning.

This was what I was just thinking, maybe wagner thought someone in Moscow was meant to assist and shitout. Leaving no choice but to call it off and broker a deal. But why would you leave knowing you just signed your own death warrant. Maybe this was just the end of the beginning.
It's one of the few things that actually "fits" IMHO.

Wrong. You are simplistically conflating some posters (like me) who think something doesn’t add up about this with others who think it’s a full blown conspiracy.

There are unquestionably things about this that don’t add up. Want me to list them for you?

Equally there’s many plausible reasons they backed down.
Main one being they would have been slaughtered

Maybe the Wagner guy thought he had backing from a third party, but it didn't come through when he expected.
I think the reality is more straightforward than most people think.
The clue is that Prighozin is the leader of a group of mercenaries and as such has no ambition except to cash in as much as possible. He knows Putin is weak and started this with a view to extorting cash from Putin. Putin gave in and transferred a few billion to him, and in return he’s redeploying his private army to somewhere irrelevant where they’re no threat and will go and live in a very nice dacha somewhere out of the way in Belarus.
Just my opinion.

The clue is that Prighozin is the leader of a group of mercenaries and as such has no ambition except to cash in as much as possible. He knows Putin is weak and started this with a view to extorting cash from Putin. Putin gave in and transferred a few billion to him, and in return he’s redeploying his private army to somewhere irrelevant where they’re no threat and will go and live in a very nice dacha somewhere out of the way in Belarus.
Just my opinion.
Are you suggesting Wagner (in its entirity) is no longer a player in Ukraine, leaving Russian forces to fight on their own?

Just my opinion.
Yeah, can believe that one too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.