Russian invasion of Ukraine

Warsaw pact made it certain that rebellions would be crushed by USSR. Hungary was especially mistrusted as it had tried to swap sides in 1944.
Hungary’s history is no excuse for your failure to condemn aggression and firmly back Ukraine. There is no moral equivalence between the two sides in this war.
Note: On the subject of being able to make a free choice on policy, you should look more closely at Hungary‘s political history from 1930 onwards. To say they had no choice is plain wrong. Ukraine, invaded by both Germany and USSR, was a completely different matter.
But both countries did fight with Germany whether you like it or not . I accept Hungary did it but no one can accept Ukraine fought with Germany and if they did as did Hungary there is no shame in it as both countries had no choice .

But both countries did fight with Germany whether you like it or not . I accept Hungary did it but no one can accept Ukraine fought with Germany and if they did as did Hungary there is no shame in it as both countries had no choice .

Nobody gives a fuck wat happened 80 years ago. Start a thread on WW2 if you care.

There is something about this whole Wagner situation which doesn't ring true to me. I still think it is some ploy by Putin.
I can see Wagner attacking Ukraine from the north to open up a new front to stretch Ukraine's forces, and the Russians and Belarusians claiming it is nothing to do with them, as Wagner are rebels acting on their own accord. Ergo, Russia open up another front of attack without Belarus being drawn directly into the war.

Surely troops away from front line in occupied Ukraine = good for Ukraine.

I think it makes more sense to view this in terms of Russian warlords. A pool of ruthless criminals available to terrorise the Belarus opposition in case of uprising for Lukashenko, and protect Prigozhin from Putin.

But who knows WTF is really going on. The idea that it's a Russian strategic masterplan seems more than far fetched given their rank incompetence in every regard to date.
Yes agreed, at the beginning of this invasion I was assuming with their irrational decision making that there was some russian military grand master deliberately playing 3D chess with Ukraine and Nato to deliberately mis direct their real aims, but it really is a case of hoping that the chaos theory will confuse the enemy into submission.

Not sure Lukashenko will trust Prigozhin/Wagner to have his back, Prig will probably end up being governor of the province of Belarus.

There is something about this whole Wagner situation which doesn't ring true to me. I still think it is some ploy by Putin.
I can see Wagner attacking Ukraine from the north to open up a new front to stretch Ukraine's forces, and the Russians and Belarusians claiming it is nothing to do with them, as Wagner are rebels acting on their own accord. Ergo, Russia open up another front of attack without Belarus being drawn directly into the war.

You think Putin deliberately allowed himself to be humiliated, including bombing his own infrastructure, and shooting down his own aircraft, in order to move irregular troops to Belarus, which he could have done without being humiliated?

You think Putin deliberately allowed himself to be humiliated, including bombing his own infrastructure, and shooting down his own aircraft, in order to move irregular troops to Belarus, which he could have done without being humiliated?

Putins grandmaster chess plays are on a other level got all of us playing to his tune.

Belarus border is heavily fortified. Ukraine aren't stupid they have been invaded from that direction already haha.

Yes, and I can't see any reason they'd commit to another invasion to follow the previous failed one, and surely having them away from the frontline is a good thing for Ukraine.

But I maybe need alternative stimulants.
I can….arrogance & money, Wagner always chase the money & glory, Prigozhin will want it and this is how he could possibly return to Russia a hero, he may not even wait for the Kremlin to give the green light, pure speculation on my part but it’s not unfounded or out of the realms of possibility. They’ve learnt lessons from the previous incursion and the weather is set a lot fairer, what else would a warmonger and thousands of troops do otherwise ?

Putins grandmaster chess plays are on a other level got all of us playing to his tune.

Belarus border is heavily fortified. Ukraine aren't stupid they have been invaded from that direction already haha.

Given the absolute clusterfuck of everything Russian in this invasion, it's frankly astonishing anyone ascribes Putin's strategic genius to this latest omnishambles.

But here we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.