Russian invasion of Ukraine

I think the slow speed of the Ukrainian advance is down to their lack of air superiority. Every time the west fights a battle it assumes complete air superiority pretty quickly, then the land forces sweep through.

It makes you wonder why the the western powers arnt providing that air support more quickly either indirectly or directly. Once they do Russian forces in Ukraine would be annihilated. We all want this war over quickly.

As for Putin, he's always been a busted flush and a coward. A 25k bunch of rag tag mercenaries and he was digging up roads and quickly on a flight to St Petersburg. There is clearly zero threat of nuclear retaliation as long as those airstrikes are in occupied Ukrainain lands.

Let's just get it done and save lives in the process.

As for those countries like China and India , they need to understand what side their bread is buttered. And it isn't on the side of a economically broken Russia whose economy was less than a 30th the size of the combined western powers they trade with even before this crazy war of Putins.
i watched a video(i posted on here) nato can give f16s but they wouldn't be effective compared to how they can be without other aircraft,radio/radar jamming ,the list is endless, the guy on the video(ex fighter pilot) was saying to get 40 f16s up in the air for combat would take 80 aircraft in total(i could of made that up) and the f16s they can give them are 30 years old, now the new f16s are built to evade modern day anti aircraft,the modern anti aircraft are built to take out cutting edge f16s , the russian anti aircraft would fuck up the older f16s, nato wouldn't give ukraine the modern stuff,because if one went down and the russia's got hold of it then nato's air power if needed would be compromised,

hahaha ill try and find the video,it would make more sense than me tying myself in knots :)
found it

Hungary's Victor Orban is now permanently blocking EU funding of Ukraine.

He is also currently blocking Sweden's official entry to NATO by kicking the can of a parliamentary vote on the issue down the road.
Have you got a link for that?
What I’m reading is that Hungary are refusing to contribute to the Ukraine funding from the EU, not that they’re blocking all funding. Even if Hungary were in a position to do this I’m fairly sure the rest of the EU would create a mechanism for the funding to get through without the need for agreement by Orban.

i watched a video(i posted on here) nato can give f16s but they wouldn't be effective compared to how they can be without other aircraft,radio/radar jamming ,the list is endless, the guy on the video(ex fighter pilot) was saying to get 40 f16s up in the air for combat would take 80 aircraft in total(i could of made that up) and the f16s they can give them are 30 years old, now the new f16s are built to evade modern day anti aircraft,the modern anti aircraft are built to take out cutting edge f16s , the russian anti aircraft would fuck up the older f16s, nato wouldn't give ukraine the modern stuff,because if one went down and the russia's got hold of it then nato's air power if needed would be compromised,

hahaha ill try and find the video,it would make more sense than me tying myself in knots :)
found it

Loved listening to those guys and the lady asked all the right questions

Have you got a link for that?
What I’m reading is that Hungary are refusing to contribute to the Ukraine funding from the EU, not that they’re blocking all funding. Even if Hungary were in a position to do this I’m fairly sure the rest of the EU would create a mechanism for the funding to get through without the need for agreement by Orban.
Look up Orban on twitter.
Fine margins some tweets say blocking some say stopping contributing. Indeed, Im not sure he can stop Hungarian contributions without blocking all cobtributions from the EU.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.