Russian invasion of Ukraine

Have you got a link for that?
What I’m reading is that Hungary are refusing to contribute to the Ukraine funding from the EU, not that they’re blocking all funding. Even if Hungary were in a position to do this I’m fairly sure the rest of the EU would create a mechanism for the funding to get through without the need for agreement by Orban.

6 months ago we had similar.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...kraine-aid-return-eu-funds-access-2022-12-06/

Followed a week later by ….

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/...id-and-corporate-tax-to-lower-frozen-eu-funds

It’s all politics rather than being decidedly anti Ukraine or pro Russian. Although they are probably more pro Russian.

What are you basing this on?
Observation, reading and asking a lot of questions. There is an interesting story about why Russian subs don’t carry nukes anymore.

The media digs up facts from a long time ago which no one can actually verify. 6000 nukes maybe were made. How many survived the end of communism? How we are the newest ones? Who’s maintaining them?

Nobody can afford to take that chance unfortunately. Although MAD ensured relative peace in Europe throughout the Cold War, it’s legacy means we cannot now end Putin’s ignorant dictatorship because he‘s crazy enough to use one if backed into a corner.

Conventionally NATO could destroy him and his regime in weeks, if not days, but for the hideous spectre of nuclear war, from which there can never be any winner.

He can’t use one and he knows it. Even if he gave the order, it goes through at least 4 other human beings before another 2 actually turn the keys and press launch. If any of those 6 people “accidentally” don’t do the right thing, no launch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.