Russian invasion of Ukraine

Understand that, my concern is what happens if they blow the nuclear plant the radioactive fallout will travel into Germany Poland.
Article 5 will be invoked by Poland.
They have already said that is what will happen if Russia's actions cause nuclear fallout by whatever cause.

Last edited:
Article 5 will be invoked by Poland.
They have already said that is what will happen if Russia's actions cause a nuclearifallout by whatever cause.

its been threatened. I honestly cant see it happening tho. purely personal opinion there but I just cant see it.

They continue to spout shit.

"The situation around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant is quite tense and there is a great threat of sabotage by the Ukrainian authorities with catastrophic consequences" - Peskov.

Slava Ukraini.
Absolute fucking joke of a country. Clown car stuff.

Just to calm some people down.

"The risk of a major nuclear disaster at the Zaporizhzhia facility is "very low", an expert has said.

Dr Mark Wenman, reader in nuclear materials at Imperial College London, said the design of the building and steps already taken to cool down the fuel reduced the risks, even if reports saying explosives are on the roof of reactors were true.

The reactor's robust buildings, made of 1.2m-thick reinforced concrete, are designed to withstand earthquakes and aircraft impact strikes.

Moreover, Dr Wenman points out that the reactors have all been shut down for many months, meaning that the fuel inside them is relatively cold.

"Any cold fuel, which is stored in concrete and steel containers outside on site, is too cold to heat itself and cause a radioactive release," he said.

It would take a very concerted effort to damage the containment building, according to Dr Wenman, and even if it was, the most notable isotope of concern to humans, iodine-131, "has all gone due to the time elapsed since the reactors were operational".

"Overall the risks are still very small," he added."

The theory is that the charges are just to make it look like a drone/missile attack on the roofs by the Ukraine.
My bigger worry is that they then use this as an excuse to use small tactical nukes as their conventional arms are depleted...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.