Russian invasion of Ukraine

Goodness knows why. Anyone thought thought the counter offensive was going to be quick with the amount of defences the Russians have in place is beyond me.
Mid to late August before major breaches in the defensive lines were made was my best guess. Ukraine was always going to take the approach that resulted in the least number of Ukrainian dead.
Phase 1 of the offensive is almost complete.
The "breakthrough" areas have been chosen.....i obviously dont know where......next couple of weeks,apparently.

Heroyam Slava.

The Daily Kos is employing more forceful headlines. Maybe a reflection that the fighting is going to be even more brutal?

Most recent articles seem to refer to slower than expected progress since the Wagner mini coup raised expectations of Ukraine advances. Any progress seems an achievement in my book, looking on from afar.
The lack of patience on this thread from some quarters in recent days puts me in mind of all the knicker wetters on the main forum after we drew with Forest last February.

Let’s see where we are when the clocks go back. That will be the time for considered evaluation of the summer’s progress, not after four fucking weeks.

The "breakthrough" areas have been chosen.....i obviously dont know where......next couple of weeks,apparently.

Heroyam Slava.
You have to throw a few feints & jabs to land a knockout blow, so the reconnaissance in this period will be massive, with the aim of punching through the lines in multiple areas, the coordination of this will be the key and prevent any encirclement of Ukrainian troops

I'm not sure if RuSSia have modified their reasons for this SMO/war recently, as they do seem to change them according to how they are doing or to fit in with public opinion. But I think that there really needs to be a big statemtn made by "the west"/NATO and all of Ukraines supporters.
They have all provided resources and assistance to Ukraine making them a part of this ...so why not make that small extra step?
Put NATO troops into the West of the country, or perhaps to the West of the Dnipro River. Purely for defensive, support and logistics. Surely this would then deter all the long range missle attacks on UKR infrastructure? It would remove any missguided attempts/ideas to launch attacks from Belarus and allow UKR to devote their efforts to the real front lines.
I appreciate that this is getting dangerously close to actual engagment in fighting, but with the resources already poured in, surely this would limit Russian drone attacks and allow for more focus.

My thoughts exactly. As long as Ukraine are moving forward they a pushing Russia back and all the while inflicting significant losses on them. It will take as long as it takes. Ukraine is doing a great job!
The Russians losing 3-5 times the number of troops that Ukraine is losing the way things are panning out really benefits Ukraine and really is unsustainable Crazy Ivan stuff.

Heroyam Slava.
I still think it will take a while to get through and there will be a good few weeks of shaping operations to go yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.