Russian invasion of Ukraine

I have to take my daughter to a birthday party of a girl from school whose parents are Russian.
Think I can get away with wearing yellow and blue or is that a bit too antagonistic for a kid's party?
The Russian family probably support Ukraines defence. Or will tell you you are being brainwashed by Western media.

I have to take my daughter to a birthday party of a girl from school whose parents are Russian.
Think I can get away with wearing yellow and blue or is that a bit too antagonistic for a kid's party?
As long as you don’t wear red they shouldn’t be too offended

It’s actually a difficult one, and this applies to general situations of interactions with Russians not just yours.

On the one hand they’ve arguably (most likely) done nothing wrong and cannot be held directly responsible for the actions of one man’s fragile ego, but on the other they should (at the very least) be made to feel uncomfortable, especially as it’s the only type of interaction with Russians that the vast majority of people are likely to have.

If not them, then who?

The message needs to be shouted out loud and clear and they need to be (to some extent) made to feel excluded and disapproved of, even though that may slightly be unfair - because however unfair that might be, what their country has done to Ukraine, and its people, is infinitely more unfair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.