Russian invasion of Ukraine

250,000 Deaths which i feel is pretty high,But you've also got to take into account the amount thats been injured, They say its usually 1 in 4 that dies..So you could be looking at 1 million dead and injured..

The figures are from the Ukrainian govt, so should be treated with due scepticism.

Also, they're not claimed deaths, but casualties (ie including wounded) I think.

There's a list of different estimates on Wiki which suggest the Ukr govt estimate is in the right ballpark for casualties, deaths as you suggest perhaps 4x less.

Problem is, in the 2 major Cities, probably hardly anyone has heard of anyone that's been killed.

It's wiping out populations from afar though (well removing all their young men), where they're poor and joining the army is probably a high paid job (on paper), so the cannon fodder continue to join, and then die within a few months (so not very well paid in reality). For me it's a way of ethnic cleansing, and most of the residents of moscow and st petersberg never come into contact with these people, so they won't care.

And they have cleared out god knows how many prisoners via wagner.

So far in July,Russia have lost....

63 Air Defence Systems.
70 MLRS Systems.
578 pieces of Artillery.
14,880 Troop and a shit load of other various equipment.

Slava Ukraini.

The videos on Telegram of row upon row of Russian corpses are horrendous.
Many hundreds of dead I would think.
I struggle with liking this but it’s necessary to gain freedom for the people trapped in Putins land grab, as you say horrendous but I think of the horrendous things they won’t be able to commit on Ukraine’s people anymore.

The figures are from the Ukrainian govt, so should be treated with due scepticism.

Also, they're not claimed deaths, but casualties (ie including wounded) I think.

There's a list of different estimates on Wiki which suggest the Ukr govt estimate is in the right ballpark for casualties, deaths as you suggest perhaps 4x less.

I wonder how many are Ukranian on ukranian I.e all the areas the Russians have been in since before 2014..

Think the conscription age in Russia is 18-27.
As of the 1st January 2024,it will be 18-30.......guess what's coming.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.