Russian invasion of Ukraine

Iv'e no idea what the Russian population of Crimea is, but the last thing Ukraine needs is tying up hundreds (maybe thousands) of their own managing them whilst battles rage closeby.

I suspect Ukraine will continue to squeeze Crimea forcing an evacuation via the bridge and, once numbers are manageble, blow it
Or blow it while they're evacuating, couldn't blame them at this stage.

I was thinking more along the lines of 1 in every 600 people in the country is a staggering loss!
Haha my reply to your post was about the news being passed to the Russian general public.

Your ^^^^ comment is more in line with my original post.

We'll get there in the end ;)

Iv'e no idea what the Russian population of Crimea is, but the last thing Ukraine needs is tying up hundreds (maybe thousands) of their own managing them whilst battles rage closeby.

I suspect Ukraine will continue to squeeze Crimea forcing an evacuation via the bridge and, once numbers are manageble, blow it
The Russians are actually trying to repair it.

Slava Ukraini.

250,000 Deaths which i feel is pretty high,But you've also got to take into account the amount thats been injured, They say its usually 1 in 4 that dies..So you could be looking at 1 million dead and injured..

Of these 150m ish though, how many are women, children or too old to fight?? Going to be loads of brides advertised for the lonely…

With a population of ~150 million, that's getting on for 1 in every 600 people in the country dead.

I wonder what the folks back home would think of that if they were allowed to know?
Problem is, in the 2 major Cities, probably hardly anyone has heard of anyone that's been killed.

It's wiping out populations from afar though (well removing all their young men), where they're poor and joining the army is probably a high paid job (on paper), so the cannon fodder continue to join, and then die within a few months (so not very well paid in reality). For me it's a way of ethnic cleansing, and most of the residents of moscow and st petersberg never come into contact with these people, so they won't care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.