Russian invasion of Ukraine

12 Leopards and 23 Bradley have so far been destroyed by Russian Forces.
Not a dig that by the way.

Slava Ukraini.
Destroyed means unrepairable to me.
I think the numbers you give are a bit high. More like 6 and 14 from what I have seen on Oryx

Russian artillery numbers are falling.
BTW Oryx estimate Russia is losing 3.5 artillery pieces for every one Ukraine loses. Russian 152mm artillery numbers are much reduced and they are currently relying on 120mm mortars which are now also being gradually eradicated.

Last edited:
Posting some bad news is never a problem.
I've previously said that balanced posters (good and bad news) are ok.

The problem is with some posters unable to hide their obvious bias.
Posting the odd bit of good news to then enable bad news posts are just as bad.

Why did jrb highlight segments of his post to emphasize parts of the report like "Ukrainian forces have incurred staggering losses there"? Did it need bolding? What was the objective? I found that very odd.
Then act surprised (or not) when he was pulled on it.

If you are going to post bad news (and highlight it), at least have the decency to be disgusted by it!

At the end of the day, war is bad enough as it is. We don't always need the bad news. It affects morale and encourages the enemy.

I haven't posted anything negative about Ukraine or the Ukrainian army. I haven't commented on how the Ukrainian army is doing in the war or in general. I leave that to other posters to do.

I have read this thread from the start. I only post on it randomly. As stated, good and bad news. I don't go fishing for articles to post to cause an adverse reaction and upset on purpose. I try and balance my posts out.

I don't comment on what Spiderboy posts. Nor do I question what he posts. I have no doubt he posts what he posts from reliable sources and in good faith.

May I just remind some of you who maybe questioning my motives. Both my parents are Hungarian. Sadly both have passed away. They escaped the Russian occupation of Hunagry, along with my Brother and my Sister, and they all made a life in the UK, and contributed to this country throughout their lives. I have no love or affiliation for Russia.

One more point. I have seen more Russian soldiers and Russian armoured vehicles in Budapest in the 70's than most of you will ever see in your lives.
I wasn't criticising you, just western governments who seemingly aren't prepared to do enough to ensure Russian defeat.

Destroyed means unrepairable to me.
I think the numbers you give are a bit high. More like 6 and 14 from what I have seen on Oryx

Yep Western equipment has been extremely resilient when attacked, the aussie bushmaster has saved alot of lives so far.

Except that gopro footage of the bradley floating about today, poor Ukrainian both legs blown off after driving over an anti tank mine. Tough watch man, not enough deminers and no air support is causing this.

Last edited:
Posting some bad news is never a problem.
I've previously said that balanced posters (good and bad news) are ok.

The problem is with some posters unable to hide their obvious bias.
Posting the odd bit of good news to then enable bad news posts are just as bad.

Why did jrb highlight segments of his post to emphasize parts of the report like "Ukrainian forces have incurred staggering losses there"? Did it need bolding? What was the objective? I found that very odd.
Then act surprised (or not) when he was pulled on it.

If you are going to post bad news (and highlight it), at least have the decency to be disgusted by it!

At the end of the day, war is bad enough as it is. We don't always need the bad news. It affects morale and encourages the enemy.
I’ve met JRB and he’s not Russian lol

Ukrainian Marines:
Advance just 5 more miles, around 8 kilometers without needing additional help, and the Ukrainian marines will have cleared the way. The Ukrainian marines will have secured the route for Ukrainian heavy armored forces to take on and break through the main Russian defense line.

We all pray for this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.