Russian invasion of Ukraine

Fine, how much have they taken then?
Sounds like you have other issues with my take on things, im interested what they are?
I updated my post to give a more detailed reply that your reasoned post demanded.
At this point in time land it is not the important thing. Logistics are.

Last edited:
First off your macho Internet talk doesn't impress me! You want to debate then fine. I said this is turning into a stalemate. It is! One liberated village by the Ukranians every one or two weeks isn't any breakthrough.

The Russians are doing what they do every war, expending limitless men and kit. The Ukranians don't have the kit and air power to make a clear breakthrough through deep mine fields and fortifications. Show me the evidence to prove I'm wrong?

The west tying their hands behind their backs by giving them a few dozen tanks , telling them what they can and can't hit with missiles and not providing any air cover is only helping the Russians. They liberate a few square kms in the south over the last two or three months and the Russians then take more in two weeks near Kharkiv in the north.

Ive said all along the way to end this war is two fold by firstly massively upping the support the west gives Ukraine and letting them hit targets in Russia.

While at the same time completely isolating Putin and Russia, banning the travel of all Russians in the west making them all feel the pain their country is inflicting on Ukraine, cutting off all trade with them, getting China and India on side, the west's trade with China alone is worth 35 times that of the Russians. Who do they value more, not difficult to see is it?
I’m not remotely interested in impressing you.

This is a thread on the war in Ukraine and if you make definitive, strident statements then be prepared to be met with a strident response. This is a forum, not a fucking support group.

I don’t have any meaningful evidence to prove you’re wrong, but I do have enough knowledge of warfare to know that any statements at this stage confidently predicting the medium term outcome of this conflict are founded principally upon speculation. We are talking about a disputed area of land that is bigger than the UK and you are making definitive statements about the outcome after less than three months of a counteroffensive. Have you any concept of how ridiculous that sounds?

I am willing to wait for considerably more time than you before evaluating this - and defeatist talk like yours will eventually erase western resolve, which has to be for the long term, not three fucking months. This is a battle that will need to be fought for the next generation, not one season.

Short term thinking towards Russia is exactly what got us here in the first place, and is exactly what Putin wants and expects from what he sees as our weak and decadent population, and by extension, our governments.

There will be setbacks and problems along the way, but that doesn’t mean that things aren’t heading in the right direction.

i accept what you say in your last paragraph, however. Russia and Russians should be shunned and ostracised until its government comes to heel in terms of conventional international standards. Can’t argue with that.

well looks like this battle is lost

Despite all the manipulation of the Russian currency, the ruble is falling. And the real value is far worse than this chart can show. The joke is entirely on you, Russians. Your oligarchical leadership swims in luxury, vaporizes your armies and your future in lost wars and tells you that this preferable than conceding to reality while feeding you raw sewage in bowls. But denying reality never worked, and you are the world-biggest specimen which will prove this once more.

F3el9HhagAAoe3j

@Tendar

Today, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation reported that at approximately 6:40 a.m. the crew of the patrol ship Vasyl Bykov of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation forcibly stopped the Palau-flagged dry cargo ship "Sukra Okan" in the Black Sea, which was on its way to the Ukrainian port of Izmail. The Russians wrote in their official channel that they allegedly " forced the ship to stop with warning shots and landed their care team on it from a Ka-29 helicopter ."According to objective control data provided to InformNapalm by the sailors of one of the ships who observed this event from a distance, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation lied about the successful inspection of the ship .As the sailors pointed out, the vessel "Sukra Okan" did not comply with the demands of the sailors to stop, but simply temporarily changed its course in the direction of the shore, the territorial waters of Turkey. There was no helicopter and no warning shots either. There were only threats from the Russians on the radio. On board "Sukra Okan" was a Turkish crew who "put the bolt" on the threats and did not obey. So the Rashists lied about the "successful inspection" of the vessel.
@informnapalm
eeerm

I’m not remotely interested in impressing you.

This is a thread on the war in Ukraine and if you make definitive, strident statements then be prepared to be met with a strident response. This is a forum, not a fucking support group.

I don’t have any meaningful evidence to prove you’re wrong, but I do have enough knowledge of warfare to know that any statements at this stage confidently predicting the medium term outcome of this conflict are founded principally upon speculation. We are talking about a disputed area of land that is bigger than the UK and you are making definitive statements about the outcome after less than three months of a counteroffensive. Have you any concept of how ridiculous that sounds?

I am willing to wait for considerably more time than you before evaluating this - and defeatist talk like yours will eventually erase western resolve, which has to be for the long term, not three fucking months. This is a battle that will need to be fought for the next generation, not one season.

Short term thinking towards Russia is exactly what got us here in the first place, and is exactly what Putin wants and expects from what he sees as our weak and decadent population, and by extension, our governments.

There will be setbacks and problems along the way, but that doesn’t mean that things aren’t heading in the right direction.

i accept what you say in your last paragraph, however. Russia and Russians should be shunned and ostracised until its government comes to heel in terms of conventional international standards. Can’t argue with that.
Still with the cheap silly jibes. Grow up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.