Russian invasion of Ukraine

@Podolyak_M
https://twitter.com/Podolyak_M
Once again about the basics... Any statements that Ukraine is not advancing fast enough on the battlefield or is not regaining enough territory are not only a manifestation of the authors' strange moral state, but also a demonstration of an absolute lack of understanding of the war and its stages. The task of the Ukrainian Armed Forces is not to organize large-scale battles for every settlement on the way to the 1991 borders, but to systematically destroy the capabilities of the enemy army: its logistics, technical potential, officers and personnel. And today, Ukrainian defenders are coping with this task one hundred percent. And then everything will be as Ukraine needs...

I'm sure the Ukranians would love nothing more than to progress much faster, but when there are areas with 5 land mines per m2 then patience is needed.

I think you over estimate also the capabilities of the Russians. You just have to see the state of their fighters and the equipment they have.

Once mines are cleared, I see Ukrnians taking serious amounts of land back much quicker
I said I think a long drawn out war of attrition may be developing. But I hope you are correct and I am wrong. Clearing minefields takes ages, that's one of the reasons why I said a long war.

The Russians value life far less than we do they are willing to sacrifice the lives of hundreds for little if any gain, its always been the case with them.

You know my stance on the west's support for Ukraine. I have always been an advocate of much stronger support for Ukraine and a much higher level of sanctions and penalties for Russia and its people.

I said I think a long drawn out war of attrition may be developing. But I hope you are correct and I am wrong. Clearing minefields takes ages, that's one of the reasons why I said a long war.

The Russians value life far less than we do they are willing to sacrifice the lives of hundreds for little if any gain, its always been the case with them.

You know my stance on the west's support for Ukraine. I have always been an advocate of much stronger support for Ukraine and a much higher level of sanctions and penalties for Russia and its people.
They only need to clear a corridor. Easier said than done, but not impossible.

They only need to clear a corridor. Easier said than done, but not impossible.
With the right kit, ie some ground attack planes and serious mine clearance kit could they not create a clear corridor quicker than what they are achieving now? To my mind the progress is so slow that surely any indent in the Russians lines allows the Russians time to further reinforce their defences in the rear of that area.

And I thought my kids where impatient, in fact they’re not that bad anymore, my two & three year old grandkids have more patience than some on ere, Ukraine are fighting this war without air supremacy in their own country, therefore it was always gonna be baby steps till there’s a large scale breakthrough like in the north east. Those that are not happy with the progress should maybe come up with a better plan & relay it to the Ukrainian generals. And after that maybe assess what the Russians have achieved in the last 12 months, which is the square root of fuck all, in their main objectives, which has resulted in them preparing and praying for a stalemate

Or they should sign up for the front line .

With the right kit, ie some ground attack planes and serious mine clearance kit could they not create a clear corridor quicker than what they are achieving now? To my mind the progress is so slow that surely any indent in the Russians lines allows the Russians time to further reinforce their defences in the rear of that area.
IIRC, they have effective mine clearance munitions. Ukraine are attacking the Russian logistical routes so they will struggle to reinforce both weapons and manpower.

Just a thought how many deaths do the Orcs have to suffer before it becomes a problem for the Russian folks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.