Russian invasion of Ukraine

well looks like this battle is lost

Despite all the manipulation of the Russian currency, the ruble is falling. And the real value is far worse than this chart can show. The joke is entirely on you, Russians. Your oligarchical leadership swims in luxury, vaporizes your armies and your future in lost wars and tells you that this preferable than conceding to reality while feeding you raw sewage in bowls. But denying reality never worked, and you are the world-biggest specimen which will prove this once more.

F3el9HhagAAoe3j

@Tendar
It'll be interesting to see just how far it falls when Russian banks are eventually allowed to change rubles for FX.

A long drawn out war of attrition seems to be coming into play. No big break through by either side. The Ukrainians aren't strong enough to make a decisive push and the Russians arnt weak enough to lose significant ground.

I've no idea if this is a hiatus whilst Russian logistics are worn down and Russian morale likewise, or as you imply, a more permanent change, and I don't have any way to judge this.

I'm not at all sure the protagonists themselves know either.

Phillips O'Brien weekly update well worth a read.

He feels the Dnipro crossing may be significant.

Phillips O'Brien weekly update well worth a read.

He feels the Dnipro crossing may be significant.

The alternative main road and train supply routes to Zaporizhzhia since the bridges in East Crimea were taken out are not far to the south of this bridgehead. They can be hit by HIMARS / M270 launched audience and even by long range artillary close to the right bank of the Dinipro. But the last option is only possible if the left bank of the Dinipro is in Ukrainian hands.

A long drawn out war of attrition seems to be coming into play. No big break through by either side. The Ukrainians aren't strong enough to make a decisive push and the Russians arnt weak enough to lose significant ground.
I'm sure the Ukranians would love nothing more than to progress much faster, but when there are areas with 5 land mines per m2 then patience is needed.

I think you over estimate also the capabilities of the Russians. You just have to see the state of their fighters and the equipment they have.

Once mines are cleared, I see Ukrnians taking serious amounts of land back much quicker

And I thought my kids where impatient, in fact they’re not that bad anymore, my two & three year old grandkids have more patience than some on ere, Ukraine are fighting this war without air supremacy in their own country, therefore it was always gonna be baby steps till there’s a large scale breakthrough like in the north east. Those that are not happy with the progress should maybe come up with a better plan & relay it to the Ukrainian generals. And after that maybe assess what the Russians have achieved in the last 12 months, which is the square root of fuck all, in their main objectives, which has resulted in them preparing and praying for a stalemate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.