Russian invasion of Ukraine

And nor should we.

I think the problem on here and in the news, is if we feel there is an agenda.
In western news there has been almost 0 indication or reporting of Ukranian losses since the war started, relative to the reporting on Russia.

I don't feel there is any particularly accurate source on how the war is actually going.

They also haven’t drawn from the two large metropolises to any significant extent for political reasons. That must cut their recruiting capacity by about 10-15% given the size of those two cities and their demographic make up.
A lot has been said about the attritional aspect of this war, with people debating troop and tank numbers. But it seems to me numbers aren't that relevant, firepower is far more important. Russia has a lot more artillary than Ukraine, but it hasn't the range or accuracy, I don't know the stats, they might be able to fire say five times more rounds but if it takes ten rounds to every one that Ukraine fires to hit a target then Russia is in trouble. Russia has lost something like a quarter of their heavy guns already, that still leaves them with a huge number but they are only as effective as the the ammo Russia can provide them with, Ukraine has got better at destroying Russian guns but they've also got better at hitting and disrupting Russian GLOCs, denying Russian artillary units sufficient ammunition. Obviously Russia will be trying to do the same to Ukraine artillary but the lack of range and accuracy, plus unreliable supplies of ammo will make it much more difficult. Ultimately this war will not be settled by attrition but by logistics, because without good logistics you don't have firepower.

i was reading about the popes speech,

“I wish you, young Russians, the vocation to be artisans of peace amid so many conflicts and amid so many polarizations that come from all sides and plague our world. I invite you to be sowers of seeds of reconciliation, small seeds that in this winter of war will not sprout in the frozen ground for the time being, but will blossom in a future spring.”
That sounds reasonable, asking youngsters to not support the current stance and make a difference in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.