Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yes, but you’d think that they’d be shot down over that sort of distance. Saying that, the Russian systems are proving not fit for purpose.
If they were launched in ruZZia then they could slip through the net as they're flying in from the east
I have no doubts at all that there are Ukrainians in ruZZia with a lorry load of drones

Can't sugar coat everything.

And nor should we.

I think the problem on here and in the news, is if we feel there is an agenda.

We have some posters here who only tend to post negative news. They may feel they are balancing it against all the positive posts. The trouble is that they seem to almost be pleased with anything negative and only pick the worse news to post.
That then leads people to suspect their motives.

We have some great posters here who post both good and bad news. I trust them, as they take the time to make sure any bad news is at least accurate. And not some bent general/paid shill spouting bullshit/speculation wrapped up as facts.

i was reading about the popes speech,

“I wish you, young Russians, the vocation to be artisans of peace amid so many conflicts and amid so many polarizations that come from all sides and plague our world. I invite you to be sowers of seeds of reconciliation, small seeds that in this winter of war will not sprout in the frozen ground for the time being, but will blossom in a future spring.”

Russia can afford to throw bodies into the meat grinder and not worry too much how many perish, because there will always be more

The idea that Russian capacity is somehow infinite is often stated. It's obviously not true; the question is whether Russia can sustain it's losses better than Ukraine can.

Russia has 3-4x the population of Ukraine.

Most estimates have Russian losses about 2x that of Ukraine.

Given Russia has a lot more territory to cover. I don't know whether their losses are overall less sustainable than Ukraine's but the fact that Russia has been scouring its prisons for recruits strongly suggests they are struggling for manpower more than Ukraine is right now.

The idea that Russian capacity is somehow infinite is often stated. It's obviously not true; the question is whether Russia can sustain it's losses better than Ukraine can.

Russia has 3-4x the population of Ukraine.

Most estimates have Russian losses about 2x that of Ukraine.

Given Russia has a lot more territory to cover. I don't know whether their losses are overall less sustainable than Ukraine's but the fact that Russia has been scouring its prisons for recruits strongly suggests they are struggling for manpower more than Ukraine is right now.
They also haven’t drawn from the two large metropolises to any significant extent for political reasons. That must cut their recruiting capacity by about 10-15% given the size of those two cities and their demographic make up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.