Russian invasion of Ukraine

I would have thought a tractor that's really heavily protected underneath pulling an equally heavily armoured plough and just set the fuckers off
I have seen an adapted excavator that had spinning chains at the end of its arm and the "trough" was really sturdy and the cab protected. The idea being that the chains set the mines off
I'm now wondering if this could be done with a combine harvester to give a much wider clearing tool
But this can only be done once the area is totally under Ukrainian control
My Dad used to drive an armoured bulldozer that was used by the British Army for mine clearance. He survived.

I would have thought a tractor that's really heavily protected underneath pulling an equally heavily armoured plough and just set the fuckers off
I have seen an adapted excavator that had spinning chains at the end of its arm and the "trough" was really sturdy and the cab protected. The idea being that the chains set the mines off
I'm now wondering if this could be done with a combine harvester to give a much wider clearing tool
But this can only be done once the area is totally under Ukrainian control

Countries have been making autonomous "tractors" with mine clearing rollers or flails on front to clear paths, the problem they are apparently finding is that they dont have enough of these front attachments and they arnt durable enough due to stacking of mines destroying the attachments.

An remote Slovakian mine clearing vehicle for example:
boz5_2.jpg

Ideally they probably will need to figure out a cost effective way to produce a front system that can be disposable and easily replaced but still protects the clearing vehicle so they can just swap in a new attachment and keep going.

minefields, do they make a shell like the cluster bomb that spreads out over a large area setting the mines off, i know they have that string thing, i'm thinking demining a huge area for during and after the war.
There is quite a gap between the individual bomblets in a cluster munition so the chances of them all landing close enough to spread out mines to set them all off are very small and you'd still have to do some mine clearance afterwards. The 'string thing' (PYTHON) works because it sets off a charge along the entire length and hence it produces a clear path of a few metres wide - but its only for limited breaches of small minefields, not big areas.

Countries have been making autonomous "tractors" with mine clearing rollers or flails on front to clear paths, the problem they are apparently finding is that they dont have enough of these front attachments and they arnt durable enough due to stacking of mines destroying the attachments.

An remote Slovakian mine clearing vehicle for example:
boz5_2.jpg

Ideally they probably will need to figure out a cost effective way to produce a front system that can be disposable and easily replaced but still protects the clearing vehicle so they can just swap in a new attachment and keep going.
Carpet bombing.

minefields, do they make a shell like the cluster bomb that spreads out over a large area setting the mines off, i know they have that string thing, i'm thinking demining a huge area for during and after the war.
What they need is a heavier version of this...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.