Russian invasion of Ukraine

It's not there "rememberence" of the 2 wars its their attitude to Britain I criticised

Little story for you, in the 60's my Dad used to manage a football team. that team toured Europe incuding France and Germany.

When his team went over there, they were met with fanfare and warm welcome's, shop keepers coming out and shaking there hands etc, the warmest welcome you could ever hope for.

when some German and French teams came over here as part of the same program they were welcomed with boo's, being spat on and attacked, all in the street, not even as part of a match ( which would be unacceptable too )

There is a reason why some people on the street resent us and we need to not forget that we have/had a very large quantity of scum that caused that resentment.

Last edited:
Can people please fuck off with the criticism of French war remembrance.

It's cliched, tedious and ignorant.

I've just come back from France. I visited a village like the ones in Ukraine, utterly destroyed in the war, and rebuilt from the ground up since the 60s (La Laupie, since you ask). I had dinner in a restaurant on the street by a plaque remembering the mayor and others in the village who were rounded up and sent to Mauthausen to die. I stayed in a B&B which was used to house Jewish children, some of whom still visit to this day.

All without any deliberate effort to make it part of the holiday.

Despite all of this, the French made peace with their former occupiers and joined a union with them within a decade, and remain close allies to this day. It should be an inspiration for hope for Ukraine, not a reason for nationalist chest thumping.

/rant

Little story for you, in the 60's my Dad used to manage a football team. that team toured Europe incuding France and Germany.

When his team went over there, they were met with fanfare and warm welcome's, shop keepers coming out and shaking there hands etc, the warmest welcome you could ever hope for.

when some German and French teams came over here as part of the same program they were welcomed with boo's, being spat on and attacked, all in the street, not even as part of a match ( which would be unacceptable too )

There is a reason why some people on the street resent us and we need to not forget that we have/had a very large quantity of scum that caused that resentment.

I lived in France for a bit and was shown nothing but friendship, from all generations. They're a great bunch.

There are two options for the future of russia’s Black Sea fleet: voluntary or forced self-neutralization. The best and safest way to preserve the integrity of the property-economic complex of the city of Akhtiar (old name – sevastopol) and the surrounding areas is voluntary shipwreck. The famous russian military reflection – the destruction of own fleet when the enemy approaches – should have time continuity and tradition of succession.Otherwise, the russian Black Sea fleet will be sliced up like a salami: the process is painful, but the Armed Forces of Ukraine conduct precision strikes exclusively on military infrastructure.

@OleksiyDanilov

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.