Russian invasion of Ukraine

Part of the reason ruSSia keeps attacking Ukrainian cities is so that the Ukrainians have to keep their air defences deployed away from the front line
Perhaps the Ukrainians are using a similar tactic on the bridge. Whilst it stands, the ruSSians are obsessed with defending it and have a great number of their supposedly best air defences surrounding it
Obviously Ukraine wants to recover all of its original area it's just how and when this is achieved is the puzzle.

Let's hope Ukraine continues to play a better game of chess than Russia.

The current war;
- Ukraine (now with artilary dominance) shapes the ground for the next advance destroying positions, command positions, support artilary, logistics support.
- The advance happens to the next tree line / village block etc. Tanks being used as effective fire support of AFVs delivering the advance under a swarm of drones.
- The taken positions are fortified.
- The Russians counterattack 2,3 or 4 times losing many men. Occasionally they take the position back most of the time they don't. All at great cost.

RINSE AND REPEAT...
Gradually the attrition of Russian forces continues losing men at a rate of around 5 to 1.
Russian elite attack forces are now used to stop the rot and the attrition is now so bad most are now incapable of being used for their original purpose of making breakthroughs.

Last edited:
The current war;
- Ukraine (now with artilary dominance) shapes the ground for the next advance destroying positions, command positions, support artilary, logistics support.
- The advance happens to the next tree line / village block etc. Tanks being used as effective fire support of AFVs delivering the advance under a swarm of drones.
- The taken positions are fortified.
- The Russians counterattack 2,3 or 4 times losing many men. Occasionally they take the position back most of the time they don't. All at great cost.

RINSE AND REPEAT...
Gradually the attrition of Russian forces continues losing men at a rate of around 5 to 1.
Russian elite attack forces are now used to stop the rot and the attrition is now so bad most are now incapable of being used for their original purpose of making breakthroughs.

It’s fucking nuts that Russia are still wanting to fight this war. They aren’t achieving anything and their army is being depleted of equipment, personnel and actual skills of their best troops. Are they trying to play the long game for a Republican President in 2024?

The Guardian reported......"Vladimir Putin has signed a decree setting out the routine autumn conscription campaign, calling up 130,000 citizens for statutory military service, a document posted on the government website showed. Separately, Putin reportedly met Andrei Troshev, formerly a top Wagner mercenary commander, to discuss how voluntary fighting units are used in the war in Ukraine, the Kremlin said on Friday."
No where near enough to turn the tide.

The polls opened in Slovakia today:

Polls:

Pro Russia base 28%
Pro Ukraine base 35%
Biggest party in the new parliament gets first dibs at trying to form a coalition.
PS vote (pro Ukraine) has surged in recent days with some polls having it ahead.

Last edited:
The Analyst has gone all secretive!
I'm hoping for some exciting news soon!

OPSEC
Operational Security.
I have never seen anything like it.
I’ve been told things to keep me on side individually, but nothing that can be said.
Ukraine has reached out to the mappers and asked them to keep things quiet just for now. The Russians are unusually silent.
You would think nothing’s happening.
But it is and it’s vicious. I can say that much. It’s absolutely vicious.
That’s it. I wish I could tell you more.

Slava Ukraini !
@DiDiAussie

I follow a couple of the geo locators on Twitter and they have certainly been quieter in the last 24h

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.