Russian invasion of Ukraine

Look at the map in the link you supplied and click on the countries and will see France total amount is £1.693 billion compared to the UKs total commitment of £13.767 billion.

Not sure what you are looking at?

We the UK are third in total commitments after the US and Germany.
1697105733375.png

Fair enough, but think if you look at the detail of some of those EU figures contribution they are comprised of money already spent/committed by France to the EU in other areas which has been redirected. Regardless they havent contributed anywhere near enough miliary wise imo. Which is the important element surely?

Fair enough, but think if you look at the detail of some of those EU figures contribution they are comprised of money already spent/committed by France to the EU in other areas which has been redirected. Regardless they havent contributed anywhere near enough miliary wise imo. Which is the important element surely?

I think it's all important; without cash Ukraine would fail as without arms.

It seems from my very limited knowledge that France could and should do more on arms; equally there are other ways we could do more.

I'm very happy that we've been one of the leaders on arms. Given the limited progress so far in Ukraine I'm very doubtful that Europe as a whole is taking winding up arms supplies anywhere nearly seriously enough.

I think it's all important; without cash Ukraine would fail as without arms.

It seems from my very limited knowledge that France could and should do more on arms; equally there are other ways we could do more.

I'm very happy that we've been one of the leaders on arms. Given the limited progress so far in Ukraine I'm very doubtful that Europe as a whole is taking winding up arms supplies anywhere nearly seriously enough.
I agree, it's worrying that in some countries party politics seem to be overriding the need to support Ukraine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.