Russian invasion of Ukraine

At the bare minimum they can and will keep going through 2024 to see who wins the US elections - Russia has an enormous supply of expendables to throw away and the oligarchs have been forced to turn ‘their’ empires to supplying military equipment with NK providing more of questionable quality.

If Biden wins 24 and the support keeps flowing at similar rates then Russia have no options left, but they’re not going to give up while there is a chance Trump wins and gives them Ukraine.

The other factor in their favour is that they will now have 4/5 months to strengthen even further the deepest defences in the south and stockpile men and munitions to likely leave Ukraine starting from something like a clean slate again next spring.

The result of the 24 election is going to have a huge part to play and Trump has a much higher chance of winning than most want to admit.
There is a chance that Trump wins the 24 election. But there is a higher chance he goes to prison in 24. Also high chance he gets removed from the ballot in some states. 2 of his lawyers flipped this week. He's in the process of losing his NY civil fraud trial. Its going really badly for him. But he will win the nomination.

What Republicans do if he is found guilty in one of his trials wile being the nominee I don't know but that looks like the most likely way it plays out.

At the bare minimum they can and will keep going through 2024 to see who wins the US elections - Russia has an enormous supply of expendables to throw away and the oligarchs have been forced to turn ‘their’ empires to supplying military equipment with NK providing more of questionable quality.

If Biden wins 24 and the support keeps flowing at similar rates then Russia have no options left, but they’re not going to give up while there is a chance Trump wins and gives them Ukraine.

The other factor in their favour is that they will now have 4/5 months to strengthen even further the deepest defences in the south and stockpile men and munitions to likely leave Ukraine starting from something like a clean slate again next spring.

The result of the 24 election is going to have a huge part to play and Trump has a much higher chance of winning than most want to admit.

I’ve been saying for months now that I think Trump will win.

It all has a grim inevitability about it.

Not helped by Biden being an awful public speaker.

I cant say I dont feel the same. its insane. we'll have a much better idea in March when the Jan trial kicks off mind you, as a convicton in that ends his ability to hold any office position.

I wish it was true I really do.
Careful what you wish for - his successor may be worse.
Medvedev for instance is his political cheerleader for throwing nukes around.
Of course he may already be dead and a committee of oligarchs may already be running the country with his body doubles as a front - an interesting conspiracy theory floating round T'interWeb at the moment.

Last edited:
Medvedev for instance is his political cheerleader for throwing Nukes around.
Of course he may already be dead and a committee of oligarchs may already be running the country with his body doubles as a front an interesting theory floating round T'interWeb at the moment.
How much of that is rhetoric?

Medvedev for instance is his political cheerleader for throwing Nukes around.
Of course he may already be dead and a committee of oligarchs may already be running the country with his body doubles as a front - an interesting theory floating round T'interWeb at the moment.
I'm 50/50 about it, if it were true.

The power vacuum and the struggles to fill it would take their eye off the ball. Nobody would command as much "respect" as Pootin did, and many still view this as "Putin's War". With him gone, some might question why they are still fighting; it's not like they could blame Ukrainians for Vlad's own health problems.

But as you say, his replacement could be much less restrained, much more egotistical. With him gone, though, it would be an opportunity for Russia to rejoin humanity and install a more diplomatic and civil regime, one that wishes to atone for its sins and crimes of recent years.

One has to counsel against wishful thinking, but I can’t see it myself. I think Trump’s core base is pretty solid, but to win he would need to secure the votes of people who didn’t vote for him as the incumbent President three years ago, which given all that has followed seems a big ask.

The SC abortion Judgment will also galvanise support amongst people who otherwise wouldn’t vote, and who will vote Democrat, whereas the votes of those stridently opposed to abortion will have been Republican last time.

One has to counsel against wishful thinking, but I can’t see it myself. I think Trump’s core base is pretty solid, but to win he would need to secure the votes of people who didn’t vote for him as the incumbent President three years ago, which given all that has followed seems a big ask.

The SC abortion Judgment will also galvanise support amongst people who otherwise wouldn’t vote, and who will vote Democrat, whereas the votes of those stridently opposed to abortion will have been Republican last time.
In addition I saw a poll that the Inti Vax, anti Ukraine Kennedy is actually taking more votes from the Republicans than the Democrates!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.