Russian invasion of Ukraine

21st November is the Day of Dignity and Freedom in Ukraine. Ten years ago, residents of Kyiv came out to Maydan (Independence Square) to protest against the decision of then-president Yanukovych not to sign the Association agreement with the European Union. Mostly young people were there.Then, special police officers have brutally beaten up those who were at Maydan. That was unacceptable for Kyiv, for Ukraine, and the next day, hundreds of thousands of people of all ages came out in Kyiv. Protesters from all over Ukraine joined them. They didn't leave until they won.It was there and then that Ukrainians chose themselves and our freedom. I saw so many beautiful, bright faces then, so much help, so much sacrifice and faith in the future. I know all that wasn't in vain.Today, residents of Kyiv bring flowers to the death site of the protesters - over a hundred of them were shot by special police officers in February of 2014.Slava Ukraini! Glory to all Ukrainians who continue standing up for our freedom. Eternal memory to the Heroes who gave their life for Ukraine.

One thing that has puzzled me, why are the far right parties in europe and America so anti giving military assistance to Ukraine?

Could it be that Russia was actual funding the far right movements throughout the Western World?
I think the far right are easier to understand, they tend to fawn for a world where these sort of strong leaders are in charge. Trump wishes he had the hold on his country in the way Putin has & only the constitution prevented that from happening last time around, who knows if we'll be that lucky if he gets in again. Plus Putin's general outlook to immigrants and minorities is way more aligned to their way of thinking.

The left's view to the conflict baffles me more to be honest. It's almost as if their complete anti view of the West/America overrides every other rational thought they have. They will nonchalantly accuse western governments of hypocrisy in regards to other conflicts in the world with no sense of irony to their own contradictions. Everything Putin's imperialist dreams of Russia is about, is meant to be at odds with their view of the world, yet they find themselves either using his brutal onslaught on a democracy (aspiring liberal democracy) fair game, or at least not as black and white as it really is. And the only logical reason for this is because it's America on the other end of the conflict.

Last edited:

21st November is the Day of Dignity and Freedom in Ukraine. Ten years ago, residents of Kyiv came out to Maydan (Independence Square) to protest against the decision of then-president Yanukovych not to sign the Association agreement with the European Union. Mostly young people were there.Then, special police officers have brutally beaten up those who were at Maydan. That was unacceptable for Kyiv, for Ukraine, and the next day, hundreds of thousands of people of all ages came out in Kyiv. Protesters from all over Ukraine joined them. They didn't leave until they won.It was there and then that Ukrainians chose themselves and our freedom. I saw so many beautiful, bright faces then, so much help, so much sacrifice and faith in the future. I know all that wasn't in vain.Today, residents of Kyiv bring flowers to the death site of the protesters - over a hundred of them were shot by special police officers in February of 2014.Slava Ukraini! Glory to all Ukrainians who continue standing up for our freedom. Eternal memory to the Heroes who gave their life for Ukraine.

I was in Kiev and Kharkiv 2weeks before that, everything seemed Normal and calm. Fuxked up to see what has become there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.