Russian invasion of Ukraine

He probably is a bot. Unfortunately there is probably some truth in what he says. Unless we fully commit, then there will have to be some negotiation and concessions.
I reluctantly agree.

My bot comment was not rooted in his opinions, but rather his affectations.

Feel free to make a reasoned argument in response as to why the suggested is not likely to become reality.
I now think it’s actually quite likely, lamentably.

My observation was founded upon your disposition, not your views.

You are very pro Russian in your views, which isn't very popular on a western Internet forum where 99.9% of its contributors champion democracy and freedom of choice.
Nah, it’s just your wish that anyone who questions the ability of Ukraine to ‘win’ - as if there are any winner in war - is pro-Russian.

Unfortunately I’ve been saying for 6 months how this was likely to go - to pretty consistent claims of being pro russian, of talking bollocks etc etc - and it’s now seemingly coming to pass. It’s to ‘the west’s shame that Ukraine only got the scraps from the obsolescence pile but at the same time they are up against a dictatorship with unbelievable resources at hand to throw away and the offensive was always likely to be a one-shot deal.

It’s a clear mistake to let Russia off the hook as we will ultimately have to stop them anyway in a few years time but with the turnover of governments across the EU and potentially the US, a sustained United commitment is a monumental task to hold together.

Nah, it’s just your wish that anyone who questions the ability of Ukraine to ‘win’ - as if there are any winner in war - is pro-Russian.

Unfortunately I’ve been saying for 6 months how this was likely to go - to pretty consistent claims of being pro russian, of talking bollocks etc etc - and it’s now seemingly coming to pass. It’s to ‘the west’s shame that Ukraine only got the scraps from the obsolescence pile but at the same time they are up against a dictatorship with unbelievable resources at hand to throw away and the offensive was always likely to be a one-shot deal.

It’s a clear mistake to let Russia off the hook as we will ultimately have to stop them anyway in a few years time but with the turnover of governments across the EU and potentially the US, a sustained United commitment is a monumental task to hold together.
I disagree, you have consistently come across as pro Russian and anti Ukraine in your views on here. Whether it looks as if Ukraine will win or not is irrelevant to how you come across.

I mean the words from Stoltenberg that Ukraine hasn’t had the artillery it needed and is unlikely to get it, Petraeus saying you can’t beat the sort of defences the Russians have built without air superiority (and luck, and artillery) and the White House saying the boxed off funds that MAGAts can’t interfere with have almost run dry feel like a pretty transparent soft announcement of what has seemed likely for a long time now.

Namely, the US can’t/won’t fund another offensive next spring and with the US out, France and Germany will disappear into the shadows and Ukraine will be forced to the negotiating table sooner rather than later, Crimea ‘officially’ lost, Ukraine brought into NATO and the EU and Moldova invaded in pretty short order.
The US certainly can afford another spring offensive. They can continue to support this war as long as they want to, and if they had the desire, they could seriously up the anti. They are choosing not to. There is a worrying wing of the republican 'American first' mindset that seems to almost buy into how Putin runs Russia, we all know the orange man aspires to have that sort of stranglehold on his own country.

Let's not pretend this is any sort of success for Russia though, this war was meant to end pretty much instantaneously. The only factor they have to gain any sort of advantage is a war of attrition & a slave minded population that go to their pointless deaths like quite no other in the modern world.

If the US fail to support Ukraine then Europe including us will have to fulfil a bigger share, I’m optimistic Ukraine will win they already have prevented Russia from taking more land they’ve crossed the Dnipro not that far from Mariupol and Melitipol.
Anyone expecting huge gains in winter are in dreamland.

The US certainly can afford another spring offensive. They can continue to support this war as long as they want to, and if they had the desire, they could seriously up the anti. They are choosing not to.
I think that is correct, and it's deliberate, to ruin the russian economy, it's general population, and render it useless as a war machine for decades to come, and whilst Ukraine won't see many victories, nor will russia, and in fact russia's attrition will continue to be high.

Before this all started they had a serious "pinch point" in the demograph of their poulation, and this is making that worse day on day.

What I don't understand is why russia can't see this ?

I think that is correct, and it's deliberate, to ruin the russian economy, it's general population, and render it useless as a war machine for decades to come, and whilst Ukraine won't see many victories, nor will russia, and fact russia's attrition will continue to be high.

Before this all started they had a serious "pinch point" in the demograph of their poulation, and this is making that worse day on day.

What I don't understand is why russia can't see this ?

Because Putin and his mate frame the whole thing as a war against the fascists ..... a WW2 replay pandering to the Russian patriot. Its the same here with the 2 World Wars one World Cup brigade - thing is in Russia everything is still controlled centrally and here some can see around the jingoism and we are able to have and voice an opinion without fear of State retribution........ well for now at least

The US certainly can afford another spring offensive. They can continue to support this war as long as they want to, and if they had the desire, they could seriously up the anti. They are choosing not to. There is a worrying wing of the republican 'American first' mindset that seems to almost buy into how Putin runs Russia, we all know the orange man aspires to have that sort of stranglehold on his own country.

Let's not pretend this is any sort of success for Russia though, this war was meant to end pretty much instantaneously. The only factor they have to gain any sort of advantage is a war of attrition & a slave minded population that go to their pointless deaths like quite no other in the modern world.

It’s very worrying for the world if the US goes down the path of America alone Russia and China are waiting for that scenario the world needs a strong outward looking US

The UK sent some of these for shooting down drones
sources.According to the publication, Ukraine has already received guided missiles capable of shooting down Russian drones. There is no official statement from Britain regarding the transfer of this type of weapons, The Times notes.The Times writes that the Ukrainian military has already used these missiles. In particular, in April 2022, the Russian Orlan drone was shot down with the help of Martlet, and in June 2022, the Ka-52 helicopter of the occupiers was shot down.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.