Russian invasion of Ukraine

I'm still none the wiser 2 years from the start of this as to just what Russia's aims are/were.

Was/is the their objective to take over the whole of Ukraine?

Or are/were they only ever looking to secure the Donbas and Crimea?

I'm still none the wiser 2 years from the start of this as to just what Russia's aims are/were.

Russia aims to consolidate the Donbas and Crimea from there they will attempt to take the capital again, there is no doubt the Kremlin intends to take back slowly but surely what the former USSR countries used to have and hold.
None us in Europe are safe from attack by Putin only the threat of Nuclear retaliation is holding the peace, my opinion I can’t see it any other way we need to stand strong with Ukraine

The objectives were (1) to enable Putin to remain in power, (2) for Putin glory in a an epochal victory

Both despite his rotten kleptocratic regime sucking the lifeblood from the Russian economy.

It's been 50% successful to date, the successful crushing of all opposition having been achieved. The glorious victory will never happen now though, and it remains to be seen how long lasting (1) is.

To turn a Western looking Ukraine into another Belarus, there is, of course no doubt when listening to Putin that the end game is to return to what the USSR once has. He says so himself, which is why it's so amusing (and frustrating) when you see shills in the West claim it's all about NATO expansionism etc because when you listen close enough to the Kremlin, even they don't make that argument really.

To turn a Western looking Ukraine into another Belarus, there is, of course no doubt when listening to Putin that the end game is to return to what the USSR once has. He says so himself, which is why it's so amusing (and frustrating) when you see shills in the West claim it's all about NATO expansionism etc because when you listen close enough to the Kremlin, even they don't make that argument really.
How the nonces think they have any chance of further expansion, when it's been over 2 years and they still haven't taken Ukraine (and they have a fraction of the men and weapons that nato have, even without America)

Ukrainian pilots training on F16 in Denmark they will already know how to fly it could be risky taking one of those things up if you didn’t have flying experience, they do though on the old Migs but the F16 is more agile.

Last edited:

The joint-stock company "Ukrainian defense industry" concluded an agreement of intent with the Czech company Česká zbrojovka a.s., a subsidiary of Colt CZ Group SE, signing a license transfer agreement. This will make it possible to assemble NATO-standard rifles, in particular the CZ BREN 2 model, in Ukraine and equip the Armed Forces with proven, high-quality standard firearms that will strengthen their operational capabilities.CZ BREN 2 is used by military formations and law enforcement agencies around the world, such as the Army of the Czech Republic, the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the Task Force of the French National Gendarmerie (GIGN), the Portuguese Army, the Polish Border Guard, the Romanian Gendarmerie

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.