Russian invasion of Ukraine

More here...

In a live interview on French Television President Emmanuel Macron explained the situation in Ukraine to the French people.

“We will no longer have security” in Europe if Russia “wins” in Ukraine, he stated.

“Our responsibility is to be strong for peace."

“For 10 years, Russia has launched a war of aggression against Ukraine,” explains the head of state, adding that Europe has “done everything” for peace.

The Moscow regime decided “on its own” to launch “a complete war,” he continues. “We have one objective: Russia cannot and must not win this war,” launched Emmanuel Macron.

“If Russia wins this war, Europe's credibility would be reduced to zero."

“Do you think that the Poles, the Lithuanians, the Estonians, the Romanians, the Bulgarians could remain in peace for a second [in the event of a Russian victory in Ukraine]?, asks Emmanuel Macron.

"We will no longer have security” in Europe if Russia “wins” in Ukraine.

“The security of Europe and the security of the French are at stake there [in Ukraine]"

“To have peace in Ukraine, you must not be weak”

"If things escalate, it would be Russia's responsibility."

“The President of the [French] Republic is in charge of national defense,” said the head of state, asked about the possibility of sending troops to Ukraine, describing the conflict in Ukraine as an “existential war”.

He repeats once again not to “exclude anything”, even if “we are not in this situation today.”

"If things should degenerate, it would once again only be Russia’s responsibility.”

More here...

In a live interview on French Television President Emmanuel Macron explained the situation in Ukraine to the French people.

“We will no longer have security” in Europe if Russia “wins” in Ukraine, he stated.

“Our responsibility is to be strong for peace."

“For 10 years, Russia has launched a war of aggression against Ukraine,” explains the head of state, adding that Europe has “done everything” for peace.

The Moscow regime decided “on its own” to launch “a complete war,” he continues. “We have one objective: Russia cannot and must not win this war,” launched Emmanuel Macron.

“If Russia wins this war, Europe's credibility would be reduced to zero."

“Do you think that the Poles, the Lithuanians, the Estonians, the Romanians, the Bulgarians could remain in peace for a second [in the event of a Russian victory in Ukraine]?, asks Emmanuel Macron.

"We will no longer have security” in Europe if Russia “wins” in Ukraine.

“The security of Europe and the security of the French are at stake there [in Ukraine]"

“To have peace in Ukraine, you must not be weak”

"If things escalate, it would be Russia's responsibility."

“The President of the [French] Republic is in charge of national defense,” said the head of state, asked about the possibility of sending troops to Ukraine, describing the conflict in Ukraine as an “existential war”.

He repeats once again not to “exclude anything”, even if “we are not in this situation today.”

"If things should degenerate, it would once again only be Russia’s responsibility.”
Macron has gone up in my estimation. Time the UK started to seriously increase defense spending.

Has macron done that ?

macron is only interested in macron imho, he once seemed like a breath of fresh air in euro politics, he now seems to me like same old same old.
I don't know if he has, I just believe that the UK should. The way you stand up to
agression is with might. Not cutting your defense budget and armed forces. As far as im aware there is no point in history where the latter has ended in favourable circumstances.

I don't know if he has, I just believe that the UK should. The way you stand up to
agression is with might. Not cutting your defense budget and armed forces. As far as im aware there is no point in history where the latter has ended in favourable circumstances.
I don't disagree, but government spending has to be balanced, and right now I think we're doing all we can to spread the share sadly, and that's from someone who works in support of defence.

From Ukraine, Putin and Russia would have a staging point for every Eastern European nation, backed by the possession of one of the largest wheat producing nations on earth.

He's previously stated his intentions to see the "return" of the former Soviet occupied nations, it's not an 'invention' of the West to try and bring ourselves closer to conflict with Russia. Ukraine falls, the rest of Europe will find itself at war. Nobody should be deluded about that. Ukraine's fight is all our fight, yet they're the ones making the larger sacrifices.

I don't disagree, but government spending has to be balanced, and right now I think we're doing all we can to spread the share sadly, and that's from someone who works in support of defence.
We spent 4% of GDP during the Cold War, that is what we should be ramping up to now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.